ok im getting a new bass i have a budget of around $600
i was thinking
http://www.onlineguitar.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_190_273&products_id=6075

or
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom5-Bass?sku=513050

or
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Spector-Legend-Classic-5String-Bass?sku=517436

i really want all of em but i sadly can only choose one
but i cant so can you help me out nd if u know of eny other good bass's in that price range tell me

thanks in advance
-steve
The upright looks quite flash, but I don't think a cheap upright is going to be a good idea. I've never seen one under 1000 USD that was worth a serious play.

Which leaves the Schecter and the Spector. I love Spectors myself; my next bass is going to be a 5 string Spector. They have a wonderful tone, esp for slap and rock.
Don't get the upright in blue if you really want an upright, it looks retarded. Its totally different from electric bass, so be prepared for that. Either of the electrics look good, I think I'd go with the schecter tho.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I don't think an upright of that price will sound any decent...

edit:
So between the spector and the schechter, I'd go with the schechter if I were you.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
I have a schecter and it's a pretty good bass of the ones I've had, I have never played a spector so I can't really vouch for it but I can recommend the schecter for sure
Definately the Schecter, just because, although they're still good, I don't think much of lower end Spectors.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I'm getting that Schecter for my birthday in a few months. I played it and loved it (actually made a thread about it here a while ago xD).

Then there is the Spector, I love the way that thing looks. I've never played one but I've heard great things about them.
The Schecter, its awesome. i own it. its awesome. youll love it. its awesome. the schecter. im awesome.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Get the spector! Even though schecters are amazing, spectors are even better.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
I think that, seeing as how you can't decide between an upright or an electric, you really need to step back and think about what you want and how you'd use it before you drop 600 dollars.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I freakin love Spector's, you should get that, but the upright looks great as well.
Get the Spector; not the upright. Spector. Spector.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
I've got the Spector Legend 4, not 5 and I can vouch for it being a brilliant bass for the money. The tone is really beefy yet still versatile enough to cover any genre.
signature
Back when i was an idiot and couldnt play bass, i thought spector's and schecter's were the same thing, that people were just saying it wrong. I also used to call Schecters "Schetlers" and my friend call 'em "Shetners" at me
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I uh... I still think it's important that we point out that TS doesn't even know if he wants an upright or an electric.

I mean, no offense. I just don't want you blowing $600 and regretting it. You need to figure out what you need before figuring out what you want, dig.

Am I alone here...?
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
I uh... I still think it's important that we point out that TS doesn't even know if he wants an upright or an electric.

I mean, no offense. I just don't want you blowing $600 and regretting it. You need to figure out what you need before figuring out what you want, dig.

Am I alone here...?

No, I agree completely. What exactly are you hoping to play anyway, TS?
You should not buy the upright as I will be buying it. I have never seen a blue upright for that cheap. Hell, I've never even seen a blue upright until yesterday. I hope it plays well cus $600 is not easy to come by...

Schecter is my personal favorite but whatever feels good, unless it's the upright.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
thats the problem
i love to play psycobilly but can only come across a upright at a friends house
i also play a variety of other music like funk, metal, punk, jas and everything in between
In that price range, go for the Schecter. Schecter makes the best basses around for under $1,000 if you ask me. Then once you hit that price range, I'd look at Spector and Warwick for the best basses going. That's just my opinion.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
id say spector. Also you dont want a blue as your only upright. get a classic wood colored one. or if your in school join orchestra, i now have a upright at school and my house. its cool becausre theres only 4 bass players spanning 9-12 grade
Quote by Your41Plague12
In that price range, go for the Schecter. Schecter makes the best basses around for under $1,000 if you ask me. Then once you hit that price range, I'd look at Spector and Warwick for the best basses going. That's just my opinion.
says the guy that has the best bass and rig in existence ahah.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by AmpleSteak
says the guy that has the best bass and rig in existence ahah.

Ya, seriously nice rig my friend!

I wouldnt go near the upright to be honest. If your main instrument is an electric and you recon you need a new on, then go for an electric.

If your main instrument is an upright, then you should probably know better than to buy something that cheap off the net...