Sorry for the weird title, but I don't really know how to express it.
Basically, today I was in IMDB and someone asked what movies made the users cry. While I cry at some emotional parts in some movies, I saw that many people actually cried at parts featuring pain, such as "The Passion Of Christ", "Black Hawk Down", "Saving Private Ryan", "Ararat"... You know, movies that show a lot of pain but don't actually have much emotional content. That left me thinking that while some of these painful scenes disturb me sometimes, I don't get really affected by them.
So basically pit, how much of a tolerance towards the pain of others do you have?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Um. If it's in a film it doesn't affect me. If it's real I get upset. It's the reality not the concept for me.

...Wait did I understand the question properly?
Quote by rigiddigits
Um. If it's in a film it doesn't affect me. If it's real I get upset. It's the reality not the concept for me.

Same here.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah I kind of hate when people cry at T.V or a movie, because in the back of my mind, I'm thinking:

"Yeah so he got shot, now he's in intense pain, reminiscing about his family and such, while back at the studio, the director just called "CUT!" and he got up and walked to his dressing room."
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
No, seeing people in movies in pain is expected alot.
But if i saw one of my friends in pain or something or someone in reality i would most definately be affected.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
when the medic gets shot in saving private ryan its really sad.

lol not really any other movies though.

tortured/abused/dead animals in real life make me though.

the thought of murder sickens me but i hope to never have a close encounter with it.

Other than saving private Ryan though i never really feel sad or pity for movies, its not real like so why should I .
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Last edited by carcass255 at Sep 14, 2008,
Pain doesn't make me upset unless the person seems upset/distressed by the pain... the only thing I can think of is G.I. Jane.

Otherwise I'm not bothered by physical pain, just emotional pain.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Im not the crying sort, it rarely happens. And when it does its for a good reason, but i have to say. The end of American History X made me cry. The bit with Vinyards brother. Thats the only time ive ever cried at a movie and i really dont know why i did it with that movie. It was sad but it wouldnt meet my usual criteria.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by lewis_grey
Yeh, coz Saving Private Ryan is an emotionless bloodbath with no story

Well, it's no "Death Poets Society" or "Schindler's List"...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by pak1351
I don't cry because of movies, I don't understand why people do

...people get involved with the stories?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
In films and movies, it seems entirely too fake for me so I don't get bothered. It's very rare I feel upset for something or someone fictional. Last time I did, it was a murder scene in a book which was described realistically rather than a slow death in someones arms. Quick, done, dusted sorta thing, and that affected me more. But I rarely bother to.

In real life is another thing. I'm pretty emotionally deattached, but if it's a friend, I'll help them out. I'll show sympathy, but I don't really feel bad for them as much, even if I do get too attached to some people's problems.
Quote by pak1351
I don't cry because of movies, I don't understand why people do

same here. although i do choke up at war films, i know it might not be "real" as others have said, but most of the time its based on a true story, the events pictured actually happened, and thats why i feel sad.

i dont cry or feel sad at the soppy romance films or shit like Romeo and Julliet though.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here