Well to make a long story short my parents got a divorce around 5 years ago and now my dad is getting remarried on friday. It was a really nasty divorce (money, my dad has a lot, my mum doesn't) and to sum it up, basically now my mum hates my dad with a passion because she felt that he didn't leave her with enough money. Now, my dad asked me to play at his wedding and Im fine with that. I dont like the person he's getting married to but Im doing it because I love my dad and he asked me to do it. My mum totally went beserk on me when she found out that I was gonna play at his wedding and is now not speaking with me. She wrote me a note saying that I should go and live with my dad for the next week (I never live with my dad, always with my mum).

Am I in the wrong here? I think my mum is being extremely childish but thats just my subjective opinion. My mum can't really see that I am doing it because he is MY dad. What do you guys think? Am I in the wrong?
Rig:

Gibson ES-335
Peavy Classic 30
No your not its a good thing your playing, your mother just has to learn to share.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be there for your dad. Your mum should understand this.
Quote by Ziggums
You're not in the wrong but neither is your mom. She's just overreacting it seems...

Yep.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
No, you're not in the wrong, but a lot of the time it's not about who's wrong and who's right. Sometimes you have to be sensitive to the feelings of people who don't see things the same way as you do, no matter if they've made a good or bad judgement in your opinion.

Both your parents have a responsibility to you to teach you how you can be a happy, functioning adult. If they're not doing this properly (i.e. by not setting a good example) then that sucks, but there's not much you can do about it.

You should just do what you can to make this situation easy to live with for everyone involved, especially you.
Don't worry. You're fine. My parents have been doing this lately after my mother's child support was readjusted (lost about 500 bucks a month from my father). Your parents are gonna be childish because that's just how they are. It gets really annoying.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
you're fine. nothing you're doing wrong. your mom though, she needs to get over it. i know it's easier said than done, but it's a little childish to take her grudge on your dad out on you, you know? play the wedding man.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
She is being childish, tell her that.

Tell her that even though she hates him, hes your dad and he has done no wrong to you.
no.
Play "Die My Bride" by the Murderdolls at the wedding. That way you haven't let your dad down by not playing, and you'll mum will feel better because of the song played. Sounds a winner to me!
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Play at the wedding, go to your mom's afterwards and tell her you're not going anywhere...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
shes being childish, just go ahead and do it...she'll eventually realize she was over-reacting...
Just tell her you're not going to choose sides. She's going to have to accept it even if she doesn't want to.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Tell her that as a compromise, you will play badly.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
did your dad buy you that es-335 if so pfft who care about your mom

jk
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by Colgate Total
Just tell her you're not going to choose sides. She's going to have to accept it even if she doesn't want to.

Truth in the Pit! Who would of thought it!!

You cannot choose, you love them both. Their arguments are theirs alone, and should not include you.
Yeah, she's just upset.
Look at it from her point of view.

She realize that she's wrong soon enough.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
Parents should never put their children in the middle of their differences.

Without knowing your mother and based only on what you've said, she's one of the lowest forms of parent. It's despicable. It's only one step above child abuse.

FWIW - I was raised by a single mother and had to go through that mom vs. dad BS and I'm now a father.
If she doesn't come around by herself, you need to tell her, "You're the one who divorced him, not me. YOU may hate him, but he's still MY dad"

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
You aren't wrong, she shouldn't be mad at you

A lot of my friends parents have been divorced, so I know what you are going through somewhat.
Your mom's just upset. She shouldn't be taking it out on you, I'd say give her time and space and she'll probably notice how silly shes acting
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
You are in The Pit.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
not mum probably feels a bit of a victim, reassure her that you're not going anywhere and that in honesty you're prefer your dad not to be re-married.

also, can we have pics of your mum?
Quote by GaijinFoot

also, can we have pics of your mum?

been here for 3 months and your already pitified......wow
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
No, your mom is the one doing wrong. She shouldn't get between you and your dad.
Go and play.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Well I can see your mom's side better actually because she not only had to push you out of her vagina schute, but now she gets less money in the divorce and still has to raise you. The anger is probably intensified because its not just about your dad its about your dad and another woman.

But if you're anything like me you love to play live and I'm not one to tell you what to do just hope you can see your mom's side of looking at it
UG's Prodigal Son
you mum just needs to clear the sand in her vagina.

she's just overreacting, your fine. have a blast at the wedding and make sure you let us know how it went
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Play I Cum Blood and dedicated to your dads first marriage.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Your mom is being unreasonable, tell her that it's been 5 years and she needs to move on with life.

When my parents had a very messy divorce 2 years ago it was incredibly tough, and they truley hated one another to the point that both were almost suicidal, but now they don't ever talk to each other but there is an air of agreement between them as they both have moved on. Which is good.

Support your Dad, maybe even live with him if your mother continues being obnoxious. And don't worry! Enjoy the wedding!
dude, you're doing the right thing, your mum it seems is perhaps a little jealous of your dad, play for dad cause thats a cool thing to do, just reassure her that you're not picking sides. and that you love them equally!
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3