I'm trying to cut down on how much I smoke, aswell as how much I spend on it. Is amber/Gold leaf any good? It's basically a box with either 11.5g or 12.5g of tobacco, plus papers, for like £2.60. Also, having only made + smoked roll-ups with other peoples tobacco, how many fags would 12g make? at least 10?
I get the 12.5g Drum gold pouches and i personally prefer them to the little box type things that you get. And how many you get out of it depends how thick or thin your gonna be rollin your fags but i usually get a fair few out of the 12.5g packs, usually enough to last me about a week and i smoke around 5-10 a day usually.
edit*yeah it should make alot more than 10, if you roll average size fags then maybe around 25.
Oh right, nice, i was just wondering if anyone knew the difference between gold/amber, I found it more attractive then drum just for the papers coming with it, and it being in a box rather than a bag etc.
lol

he said fags.

First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
ah rite well whatever baccy you end up choosing youl deff save yourself a whole lot of money compared with buying "proper" cigs.
Yeah, I smoke "proper" ones just now, £5 for 20 isn't that bad, I still want to cut down on price though.
Yeah depends how many you smoke a day really. I always feel proper rough after real fags aswell whereas baccy usually goes down pretty smooth. Im not a fan of the sort of flaky kind of baccy in real fags either.
Golden V smells like raisins and doesnt taste very nice either. For a smooth mild taste and smoke go for drum gold! cant beat it. (i sound a bit like an ad):P
not sure if you get filters with gold/amber leaf, what filters do you use? i just scrunch up the end if I don't have any, but if I started smoking mainly rollies then I would buy filters (if they're not included)
Due to being skint i've gone from B&H gold to rollies and even though i smoke more rollies(25 a day) than i did proper fags( 20 a day) its a lot less harsh on your throat and wallet.

however, i'm probaly gonna go back to real fags once i've finished this pack cuz i've started to get a manky yellow stain on my thumb.

Alternatively can anyone tell me why it happens and how i can stop it, without giving up, obviously.
"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python appreciation society"
You get that with real fags if you smoke them enough, I know a guy with that. Maybe make sure you only hold the filter, and maybe push the tobacco further to the end away from the filter? I dunno though.
Golden Virginia: The most well known tobacco in the UK. It has a nice blend giving a mild smoking experience. The package's resealable pouch (12.5, 25, 50g) is a good feature.

Drum Gold: A very mild tobacco. The velcro and plastic seal (12.5, 25, 50g) keep your tobacco fresh. There is also a sticky bit to attach your papers (not included) to the pouch.

Drum Blue: As above, but much stronger.

Amber Leaf: A cheap tobacco. Often has "twigs" in the tobacco. Similar to GV in taste, but a little stronger. The square pouch (12.5g) is an obsolete storage medium, as it lets air get to your tobacco, so it goes dry.

Cutters Choice: Dirty dirty tobacco. Stay away unless you can get it cheap.

Old Holborn: Even worse.

I'd recommend either Rizla or Swan filter tips. The slimmer the better IMO.

For papers, I prefer to roll with Rizla greens. Reds are not to dissimilar in thickness, but do not have the corners cut. I don't like smoking rollies with Rizla blue or silver, I find the rollie burns differently, and I don't like this. Hoever, Silvers are the best for "herbally enhanced ciggies"...
Quote by CLVPX
Have you just registered to tell us that? Don't spam.

No...pretty sure I registered to post on the forums. Don't be a tool
Still no ideas on Gold leaf?

Yeah, I was getting at you registering on the 14th, your first post being in this thread, and it not being a helpful post in the slightest, that makes it spam.

Anyway, is GV cheap?
^ Still, as a first post you've not done well there.

CLVPX was seeking advice about cutting down smoking. It's the first step to quiotting you idiot. Whilst he never stated he wanted to quit you should encourage people to cut down and support them in this, instead of making a fool of yourself.

Quote by CLVPX
Still no ideas on Gold leaf?

Anyway, is GV cheap?

Can't say I've smoked gold leaf that often. I think it's on par with Amber Leaf though.

GV is probably the most expensive, bout £2.70 for 12.5g. I tend to smoke around 15 a day, and that's last me maybe 2, 3 days.

I'd recommend not going cheap though - the bits of "twig" in baccy you find in cheaper brands also count towards your final weight, the smoke won't be as enjoyable and without a resealable puch, your baccy can go dry much quicker, which is horrible.
Last edited by saphrax at Sep 14, 2008,
I'm not actually trying to cut down/quit, that was just to cut down flaming I know what the pit is like
Sorry, I meant that I'm trying very hard to quit, and have nicotine supplements coming in the mail. Definately.

>_>

<_<

*runs*
Quote by saphrax
^ Still, as a first post you've not done well there.

CLVPX was seeking advice about cutting down smoking. It's the first step to quiotting you idiot. Whilst he never stated he wanted to quit you should encourage people to cut down and support them in this, instead of making a fool of yourself.

Yeah...because don't smoke wasn't advice or anything.

Oh shit someone thinks I'm a fool on the internet...what now!?
Quote by shdowfox17
lol

he said fags.

you never looked up fag in the dictionary in school? It tells what it can mean in the UK
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Matt151

Was I asking for that kind of advice? if you care to read you might notice that I'm asking for a recommendation, not for some **** to moan at me for smoking? You're gonna last long here.
Quote by Matt151

It was irrlevant advice to the subject matter of the thread.

I'm sure you're going to spend countless evenings worrying about your credability with a small percentage of posters on a forum you've only just joined.
I've smoked gold leaf before, it wasn't my own, my friend gave me some baccy and some rizla (the one included with the baccy), i didn't use a filter, what can i say, it done the job. If i do buy roll ups (which is very rare) i get the smaller pouch of golden virginia, this usually lasts me about a week, at the time i bought it i was smoking about 5 or 6 per day and other people ponced some off of me, so it lasts alot longer than tailor made cigarettes, the only reason i don't do roll ups more is because i can't roll too well especially if i have had a drink (which is when i smoke most).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.