Im thinking of getting a new guitar as i am slowly getting better at playing. I am hopeing to get something that will last me a while and will have nice sound coming from it. I like the look of B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock guitar. Does anyone know if it is a good quality guitar as well as good looking? If not could you please recommend a good guitar. Thanks
Bc rich warlocks look good, but the quality of the sound isnt quite good for the price.
kthxbai.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
Bc rich warlocks look good, but the quality of the sound isnt quite good for the price.

SOmetimes,the quality of materials too....
The music i am into is stuff like BFMV metallica trivium mostly metal. I'm not too sure on my budget as i don't know how much a "good" guitar is. The one i have now was only 100 pounds (you can see it on my profile) so i was thinking about 150-250 maybe. Will that get me anything good or should i spend a little more?
if you can get up to £300, you could get a washburn x50pro. that's a really nice guitar for the money, comes stock with duncans etc. if you're lucky, you might be able to find some new old stock washburn wi65pro idols, they're more or less the same thing in a different shape, i've seen them going for under £250 (if you can find one, that is).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Russ242
The music i am into is stuff like BFMV metallica trivium mostly metal. I'm not too sure on my budget as i don't know how much a "good" guitar is. The one i have now was only 100 pounds so i was thinking about 150-250 maybe. Will that get me anything good or should i spend a little more?

I'd probaly recommend an ibanez, mine is well made, has a good tone and can play all of the bands you've just listed. The problem is, low end ibanezs are reknown for their poor sound quality and general quality, so I'd suggest spending £250-350 on one.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.guitar.co.uk/ibanez/360-ibanez_sa260fm_electric_guitar?page=6

I'm not 100% sure though.

Good luck
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
I'd probaly recommend an ibanez, mine is well made, has a good tone and can play all of the bands you've just listed. The problem is, low end ibanezs are reknown for their poor sound quality and general quality, so I'd suggest spending £250-350 on one.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.guitar.co.uk/ibanez/360-...c_guitar?page=6

I'm not 100% sure though.

Good luck

Yeah i was thinking of getting an ibanez before. Does it play mostly heavy metal sound or would i be able to play softer songs like GnR or lostprophets on it?
it really depends on the pickups, which can be changed later depending on what stuff you play (from what i can remember of the s-series, the pickups are pretty middle of the road, so should cope with most stuff, more or less). one thing i'd say about cheaper ibanezes is, that if you're looking at the rg series, don't buy one with a trem unless it's a prestige (if you're only looking at new ones). the trems on the lower-end rgs aren't very good, you'd be better with a hardtail model...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i found a pretty cool guitar http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_kirk.html
its the KH-202 has anyone had any experiance with it or anything? It seems to be around 300 quid so its in my budget sort of. I looked at some reviews and they seem pretty good anyone know if its worth getting?
i don't think i've tried it, but, based on similar types of models at a similar (even bigger) price, i'd avoid it... at that kind of budget you can't afford for any of your budget to be going on royalties for a signature guitar. that's more or less a beginner guitar, but at an intermediate price because of the hammster's signature on the headstock. i'd also be wary of the floyd- a few guitars in your price range have good floyds, but they're few and far between and you have to be very careful. i'd honestly just reiterate my original suggestion (), the washburn x50pro is just a really nice guitar for the money. of course, if you need a trem, there are other alternatives... ibanez s470/320 for example. but the pickups won't be as good as the washburn's.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
washburn x50 pro or a washburn x200 if you want to save abit of money. Both mahogony/set neck, come with USA duncans and grover 18:1 tuners. the x200 is only £200 too, it's a steal.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
^ i thought the 200s were made of basswood (or some other random wood)? i agree about the x50pro, of course.

Quote by Russ242
I found another cool guitar, sorry if im just posting lots of guitar i dont know much about them i just see if they look good .
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/385-ibanez_rg370dx_electric_guitar
Anyone know if that is good? It sounds quite good in the description

i wouldn't want to trust the trem, the edge III is pretty iffy (and by "iffy", i mean liable to crap out in a year's time). not to mention it has pretty mediocre pickups.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?