Right, So im basically after a new amp because i have my Marshall dsl 100 which the Clean/Crunch channel is very very nice however the lead channel...isnt so much, its too fizzy and muddy imo.

So im thinking of selling that, i should get around £400-£450 (Around $800ish USD i beleve) and hopfully one of my guitars i dont use much for about £500 ($900ish) Which brings to a grand total of about £900 ($1600i

Im in the UK, wanting to buy used of Ebay or somthing although obviously with that amount of money im gonna look round for somewhere to try it first. I want a combo. Three Channels (Clean, Crunch and lead) but its really not nessesery.

I want the best sound i can for Hard Rock because its what i'll be playin the most although i play alsorts from bluesy jazz to Death metal but like i say hard rocks my main focus. My main tonal influences are AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Airbourne, Alice Cooper, The Darkness, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Ozzbourne, Slash Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, Whitesnake You get the Idea lol. I although about 75% of my playing is on OD I do play alot of clean so i want a nice clean tone more of a acoustic softer tone than a bright twangy fendery one. My crunch changes from AC/DC to Van Halen and my solo tone is a nice tight hi-gain style, Think slash and kirk hammets tone on fade to black, Nothing else matters and sanitarium.

Sorry for the wall of text but its to save people having to ask loads of questions.

EDIT: Sorry i should of mentioned i dont really want anything over 50 watts tube. Also does anyone know what the head rooms like on a 30 watt? Ohh also i will be using it for gigs so its likly to be 30-50 watts so i can still crank it.
Last edited by Zakk_Lp at Sep 14, 2008,
ENGL screamer, hand down.

it is truely an amazing amp.

also check out splawns, VERY VERY good boutique amps
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
I'm gonna go ahead and say Peavey Valveking 112 (exactly 50 watts tube) or Peavey Vypyr

Thanks but no thanks not considering im going to be in the £900 price range, also i had a peavey VK and it was alright but nothing special.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
I'm gonna go ahead and say Peavey Valveking 112 (exactly 50 watts tube) or Peavey Vypyr

he has 1600 bucks, GTFO
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by tsukoyomimoon

With £900 to spend? I don't think so.

EDITED FOR WRONG.**

---

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72449
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-acoustasonic-dsp/12563

A/B these bitches? I definitley would.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by bartdevil_metal

EDITED FOR WRONG.**

---

good idea, i keep forgetting how much cheaper marshalls are in the UK...
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by tsukoyomimoon

Total bandwagon guy right here.

The Engl screamer would be nice. Maybe look at some used Mesas as well
Quote by bartdevil_metal

EDITED FOR WRONG.**

---

Thanks but id rather not because its just a pain in the ass. Tbh id rather prefer to just have my amp and my guitar and maybe a pedal also mums cars tiny and cause i cant drive for another 3 years im kinda stuffed so the biggest i can go is a 2 12 combo really because i go around alot of places its not just gigs im always moving my amp from like my house to my mates and such.
your 13 and spending $1600 on an amp...
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
14 actually, Can drive cars in UK till 17 i beleve. And If You could wouldnt you? and its not as if i have anything better to buy and i have earnt that money myself. i mean i worked like everyday in the summer holiday to get money working like 11-5 at £4 a hour.
Good on you

Ok, then maybe an Orange Rocker 30? Clean channel is only a volume knob, but it's voiced perfectly.
I'd say look into Laney amps. Makes financial sense on the GB side of the pond. They don't come up that often but see if you can pick up the TT50 combo - like a hot rodded JCM800.

Also you could look into a VC30 (Laney) and add a pedal for the harder stuff.
Thanks alot guys, Yeahh i was looking at the rocker 30 combo which i could get used for a little over £400 but i thought because i only really use one guitar i could sell the other and then i could get a really really nice amp and it saves me upgrading in the future.
I think at your price point id want to try out a Peavey JSX and a Marshall JVM.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
i'd look into a laney tt (guitar guitar has deals on ex-demo ones at the moment, if they haven't sold out), engl blackmore, koch twintone/multitone and maybe marshall jvm at your budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Zakk_LP - good for you for working hard and saving your money for what you want.

that's pretty rare around here to hear that coming from a 14 yr old! You'll get more out of it since it wasn't given to you too.

You mentioned interest in used gear too, have you looked at your local craigslist.org? That site is growing and you do have to watch to make sure the offer is from someone local to you and not spam.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe! I promise, you couldn't be more satisfied, the tone is Amazing
Thanks again guys.

Iv been looking at the engl screamer on youtube and it sounds quite nice, very versitile and a few channels which is nice. Im going to look at the laney aswell in a minute. Its just finding somwhere that stocks them around here so i can try them because the music shops are pretty shit tbf and iv never seen a engl and not mainy laneys so it looks like i'll be getting a train to hull some time soon and having a look there

Thanks 311ZOSOVHJH and yeah i do check craigslist every now and then but atm theres only a line 6 30 watt spider but i think i'll go for that cause that seems pretty Br00t4l (Jokes )
^yeah, i only checked London 'cause I don't know where Skegness is and actually didn't see much in London which I think is surprising. Hopefully it will grow, as it is a great concept.

Also, (at least for me) it looks like all the International posts on craigslist started at the beginning of August. Good luck with your amp search, I wish I could help more.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by Gfa
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe! I promise, you couldn't be more satisfied, the tone is Amazing

He wants marshall tone, says he'll be using OD 75% of the time, and doesn't want chimey fender cleans and you suggest a fender amp that is only good for its bright fender cleans.

FAIL

I saw it hasn't been mentioned but a jcm800 would work pretty well for you. You'd have plenty of money for an OD and may not even have to sell off a guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^ hahahaha, +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I Considered it, But wasnt sure because marshalls can often be overpriced compaired to alot of smaller companies (vox, Laney ect.) And also i would need to get the two channel one but iv heard that the cleans on them are pretty awfull.

Im just going to try as many as i can i just wanted to see some of the best to look out for.
Atm im quite liking the Engl Screamer from clips iv seen but tbh iv learnt you can never really trust recorded clips that much so its just finding a place that stocks it, im going to see if they have a Dealer search on their website in a mo.
the screamer is nice, my only concern being that it might be a bit too bright and fendery (and more american-sounding when the gain goes up) for what you want- if you want to go with engl, i think the blackmore would be better for what you're after, but then it's more expensive and doesn't come in a combo version.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^What about that ENGL classic? Isn't that a more Marshall sound? I don't know all that much about ENGLs..
Kk thanks for the heads up, i'll try it anyways if i get the chance.

Whats everyones comment on the Rockerverb? it hasnt been mentioned so i thought id ask lol is it any good? are there much better for the price? Because theres one locally that i know i can try so i thought i may aswell ask because you dont get too many higher priced amps round her because the nearest big music shop to me is in lincoln and tbh there not very good at all for amps.
Cornford roadhouse. Used Cornford hurricane.
Absolutely perfect for your applications.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

^ cornfords are awesome. haven't tried the roadhouse though.

Quote by bartdevil_metal
^What about that ENGL classic? Isn't that a more Marshall sound? I don't know all that much about ENGLs..

i don't think so... it's very vintage in character... bit like a tweed bassman with a warm, vintage-voiced overdrive channel as well, i think (i'm not too well up on vintage fenders).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Zakk - thank you. You did your research, you worked for your money, you deserve the absolute best. That said, listen to these guys, except the nutjob that said Hot Rod. Congrats - I applaud you.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Zakk - thank you. You did your research, you worked for your money, you deserve the absolute best. That said, listen to these guys, except the nutjob that said Hot Rod. Congrats - I applaud you.

Haha Thanks alot, lol i litrally cleaned toilets and stuff for that lol (I worked in a hotel) which is good for me because im pretty lazy but i had a motive lol tbh musics like one of (If not easly the most) important thing to me in my life.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i don't think so... it's very vintage in character... bit like a tweed bassman with a warm, vintage-voiced overdrive channel as well, i think (i'm not too well up on vintage fenders).

Really? I didn't realise ENGL had such a vintage sounding amp on their books. Ah well, I bet it sounds nice
yeah, it's very vintage-sounding. i liked the one i tried, though if i were after a more vintage amp i'm not sure i'd be looking at engl...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know, you look at ENGL and you think METALZ. Off topic, but I did get to try out a 59 bassman the other day which belongs to a friend. It's not my style of music but it had such a nice clean sound, I can't believe they were originally made for bass - the voicing was spot on.

But anyway, I hope you like the screamer TS
Like i say though i am looking at all brands. Still whats everyones opinions of the rockerverb 50?? Its just i know theres one around in my local music store that i can try and because i havent really played any amps in my price range how does that compare? because like i say locally its pretty shit for amps.
Last edited by Zakk_Lp at Sep 15, 2008,
^ very nice, but i'm not sure for the music you play. you'd need to try one to see, they're pretty dark-sounding. i play pretty similar stuff to you, and i loved the rockerverb when i tried it, but then when i thought about it logically, couldn't quite see how the music i mostly play would fit in with the orange's voicing. you may disagree, of course, and it's definitely worth a try.

Quote by bartdevil_metal
I know, you look at ENGL and you think METALZ. Off topic, but I did get to try out a 59 bassman the other day which belongs to a friend. It's not my style of music but it had such a nice clean sound, I can't believe they were originally made for bass - the voicing was spot on.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Kool well im going to a party on saturday but before then ill make a trip to lincoln and go try it out, along with anything else that intrests me.Then again saying that i went in a few weeks ago and i asked the guy if i could try it and he said no so i just said fine and walked out but hopfully the other guy will be there cause he lets you sit in there and play all day if you want to.

Anyone else got any sugestions?
i think the rockerverb 50 would be a great choice
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.