I know how much everyone hates this but I was wondering your alls opinion on the Fender American HSS Strat in comparison to the Fender HSS Highway One. I am looking for a guitar that will give me a nice Hendrix sound but also a nice Metallica sound with the humbucker. But i dont want to give up a decent clean sound either. Any help on this as soon as possible wound be greatly appreciated.
Quote by bsummay
I know how much everyone hates this but I was wondering your alls opinion on the Fender American HSS Strat in comparison to the Fender HSS Highway One. I am looking for a guitar that will give me a nice Hendrix sound but also a nice Metallica sound with the humbucker. But i dont want to give up a decent clean sound either. Any help on this as soon as possible wound be greatly appreciated.

American Standard, I suppose? Well the finish is different (the HWY1 is the only oddball of the Fenders), the headstock is different, the pickups are a bit hotter. Overall, American Series are probably better made, although that's probably disputable.
Last edited by voteforpedro36 at Sep 14, 2008,