Page 1 of 5
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
I took the liberty of making a new thread to avoid confusion. This is for signing up for and discussing anything having to do with the Tabs & Chords competitions.

It's not too late to sign up, but don't do it in the Submissions thread.

so start posting in this discussion thread instead of the other one.

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Broadsword
The Wild Rover
2,548 IQ
I'll go ahead and edit my post in the submission thread once it's time.

Well, actually, I've already finished my song (bored weekends ftw!), but I'm not gonna post it until I see what the rest of the competition is like.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
I'm still putting down a bunch of ideas until I find something I like. Yesterday, I wrote at least 20 decent riffs. none are really amazing yet though.

none of them will be....

Edit: and I'll go ahead and "confirm" my judging status right now Regression. I'm committed.

Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
I'm in...as with B I'm done with my song...but, that doesn't mean I won't do some snipping, fixing, etc.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Cameronrobson
Self-proclaimed beatnik
389 IQ
i would like to sign up, when is the deadline?
two and a half men.
Cameronrobson
Self-proclaimed beatnik
389 IQ
Nevermind, I don't want to sign up, but can I be a judge?
two and a half men.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
ninja.kitty is in.

he got banned so I'm representing him. If he's not unbanned by the deadline, I'll probably be uploading his song and mine.

Regression
611 IQ
Its_Rock77, there's one implication with you judging. You might give people low scores which in turn lowers there average, which may cause you to place higher.

Personally, I don't care, and I trust that you wouldn't do that. However, others might not, so it all depends on whether they are fine with it or not. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with you judging, but who knows. As long as 2 or 3 people can back me up in confirming you, then you're confirmed.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
Quote by Regression
Its_Rock77, there's one implication with you judging. You might give people low scores which in turn lowers there average, which may cause you to place higher.

Personally, I don't care, and I trust that you wouldn't do that. However, others might not, so it all depends on whether they are fine with it or not. I can't imagine anyone having a problem with you judging, but who knows. As long as 2 or 3 people can back me up in confirming you, then you're confirmed.

I would sure hope that you guys trust me. Especially in a competition with no prize whatsoever (save bragging rights) I have no reasons to try to get myself up there.

does anyone object? I really wanna do this. :/

Friendly Stoat
Call me Sam.
1,094 IQ
Quote by Its_Rock77
I would sure hope that you guys trust me. Especially in a competition with no prize whatsoever (save bragging rights) I have no reasons to try to get myself up there.

does anyone object? I really wanna do this. :/

I trust you with it If we need any more judges I'm happy to do it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
ganyo
32 IQ
well, i hope my song could be subsummized under post-hardcore. i think, post-hardcore ain't a strictly defined genre, so i would be in.

who gets the file? is it gp5 oder must it be mp3 and recorded?
i apologize for my bad english.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
Quote by ganyo
well, i hope my song could be subsummized under post-hardcore. i think, post-hardcore ain't a strictly defined genre, so i would be in.

who gets the file? is it gp5 oder must it be mp3 and recorded?

you're already done? well, you can wait out the next couple of weeks to fine tune it.

but it should be Guitar Pro if possible. also upload a GP4 if you have GP5. Midis are recommended. I believe power tabs are allowed too if anyone doesn't have Guitar Pro.

Regression
611 IQ
Its_Rock77, I said midi are compulsory. Powertab and Guitar Pro both export to midi right? It seems like the one format we can expect from everyone. other possible formats aren't compulsory, but definately reccomended, just because it will be easier for judges.

Remember, midis can be imported into guitar pro.

And ganyo, is your piece new? If not, just letting you know that you can't use pieces you've written in the past.

And also, everyone will be able to see it, you post your piece in the submission thread.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
I know that as a judge, people will have the chance at a better score if it's in GP or PT rather than midi. Not saying that people who use midis are destined for failure, but this competition isn't rating "thoughts", it's a competition of sound. If it's possible to add a GP or PT, you have a better chance of getting a better score (for yourself that is, not compared to others)

just my two cents. I know I'm not gonna upload a midi. I'm already not gonna win, so I might as well get my thoughts across in the best format possible.

ganyo
32 IQ
oh, ok. if there's enough time, i'll write a new one, which might fit the genre better.
and i write my songs in gp.
i apologize for my bad english.
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
So the deadline hasn't been decided yet? I don't know if I'll be able to finish mine on time.
Regression
611 IQ
Deadline hasn't been decided, no. Maybe October 12?

If everybody wants it sooner, I doubt I will be done in time. I have exams on at the moment, and it seems most of my teachers decided not to teach the curriculum this year.

And signed you up Momentosis. I don't actually know why people have to 'sign up'. They could just submit it anyway, but oh well, we'll just keep it this way.
Friendly Stoat
Call me Sam.
1,094 IQ
Can I judge? No one answered my previous post

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
How come I'm not listed in the participants?

Am I too metal for the comp ?

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
you're too metal for most things.

I'm yet to begin my song.

Regression
611 IQ
Quote by Slaytanic1993
How come I'm not listed in the participants?

Am I too metal for the comp ?

We thought it was only fair that you be excluded from this competition because you're to good.

No, okay, added you now. Sorry.

And Its_Rock77, no need to worry, I've had exams so I havn't really been able to do anything. They're over after Thursday though. WOO!

Edit: Aww, why does everyone ignore Friendly Stoat? You can judge, your username misleads me into thinking you're trustworthy.
Last edited by Regression at Sep 22, 2008,
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Quote by Regression
We thought it was only fair that you be excluded from this competition because you're to good.

That one hit home

Quote by eggsandham2
Friendly Stoat
Call me Sam.
1,094 IQ
Quote by Regression
Aww, why does everyone ignore Friendly Stoat? You can judge, your username misleads me into thinking you're trustworthy.

Haha, thanks
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Yeah, I still don't know what kind of post-hardcore I want... Could be like Thursday and Thrice, or like The Fall of Troy. I'm kinda leaning towards TFOT.
Regression
611 IQ
Yeahh, I really don't know what sound I want.

And gahh. I didn't study last night because I was working on a piece, and I ended up completely failing my classics exam. Now my classics teacher who is head of acm (fancy name for the top class of each year) is threatening to pull me out of music. =|
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
dude.....

I don't know what to say except forget this comp, hit those books! we'll wait for you man.

Regression
611 IQ
Lol, only 2 left, I should consider putting in more effort. He is going to murder me when he sees my english exam. =\

I left all the essays blank, and spent the whole exam writing an argument on the flaws of education. To bad that wasn't even part of the exam.

Edit: Oh, and for those of you who like Scar Symmetry, I just found out the vocalist has left.

One of the best metal vocalists around... It's got me all dissapointed.
Last edited by Regression at Sep 23, 2008,
Regression
611 IQ
Woo! Exams are over!

My maths one wasn't very encouraging. I dropped my pen and it broke, so I ended up spending half the exam putting random things on my calculator.

I tried spelling out Its_Rock77 but lacked the R and K. Other than that I just looked at my calculator go from ^.^ to ^_^ magically. If you have a scientific calculator then try it, it's quite fun.

You just put ^.^ and then move the marker thingy over the dot, and the mouth thing will move. Exciting stuff.
Cameronrobson
Self-proclaimed beatnik
389 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9
Yeah, I still don't know what kind of post-hardcore I want... Could be like Thursday and Thrice, or like The Fall of Troy. I'm kinda leaning towards TFOT.

* hint * as a judge, im more likely to like your guys songs if they sound like at the drive-in * hint *
two and a half men.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
Quote by Regression
Woo! Exams are over!

My maths one wasn't very encouraging. I dropped my pen and it broke, so I ended up spending half the exam putting random things on my calculator.

I tried spelling out Its_Rock77 but lacked the R and K. Other than that I just looked at my calculator go from ^.^ to ^_^ magically. If you have a scientific calculator then try it, it's quite fun.

You just put ^.^ and then move the marker thingy over the dot, and the mouth thing will move. Exciting stuff.

I feel so honored yet so confused.

Regression
611 IQ
I'd feel pretty creeped out..

So this is my life. Attempting to type usernames of people on an internet forum onto a calculator during maths exams.

Now it's time to start writing. May I warn you, I got a Trojan today, I think I've got rid of it, but if I don't come on the forums within the next week or so, I obviously didn't. Would you guys count Dir En Grey as post-hardcore?
Regression
611 IQ
Ahh, sorry didn't notice your post in the thread. I have listed you now.