I have been heavily deliberating what to buy out of the following items:
Pedals:
Ibanez Turbo Tube Screamer
Fender Fuzz Wah
Metal Muff

I have been looking to expand my tonal abilities with one of these, and have consulted some guitarists at my local guitar center about what to get and from what I've been told, the best option for me and my Peavy Bandit 112 (1996) and my Schecter Omen 7 would be to get pedals that don't metal me out (hence the muff not being a good idea, but I do like the sound it makes) since my amp already gives me a good amount of hair metal style distortion. I would be interested in the Tube Screamer because it would supplement that, from what I've heard, as well as give me a good blues tone, a style of music in which I am beginning to expand out into. Then I read about this Fender expression pedal and it seems really cool, to be able to get wah and fuzz in one package.
I was basically wondering what the best of these three would be to get to expand and maybe discover new musical possibilities, w/e.
I've also been looking at getting a Fender Strat, to give me the opposite end of the guitar spectrum, with single coils and such. And then finally I've read quite a bit about the Epiphone Valve Junior, which seems like a cool amp to play blues on and I'm assuming can be turned into a decent metal/classic rock machine with a good pedal?
Should I save and get one or even both of these bigger items or just get a pedal?
And which one, at that?
(I'm kinda lost as you can probably tell)
Also, almost forgot, I already have a Boss EQ pedal, so if that affects what to get next in any way, there you go.
Fender Fuzz Wah, ive played it many times and its GREAT
Bass:
2008 Fender MIA Precision Bass
2006 Fender MIM Jazz bass
Amp:
Fender rumble 60
Effects:
Boss bass Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Refurb

MUSE
RADIOHEAD
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERSMy inspirations
Wow, okay, well ive abit of expierience here seeing as i have a few of the items your talking about lol peavey amp too!

Well ive got the TS9 toobescreamer and i love it! it really tightens up high gain playing with the drive on 0 and it has a really fantastic drive rock/blues sound when you crank the drive on a clean channel'd tube amp up loud.

Also, it sounds really really nice through the ValveJunior, the TS9 the VJ and the 1960 go really nice together,
that Eq you have there will really boost your tonal capabilities too,

Id say go for the tubescreamer and a valve junior!
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Alright, the Valve Junior and Turbo Booster sound like good goals to shoot for but I immediately come upon another problem now that I know what I'm trying to get:
Where do I get these items from?
Would it be better to buy the valve junior for $260 at guitar center or pick one off of ebay for $150?
TurboTubeScreamer on ebay = $50 but at guitar center $110
What's my best option? Should I look around even at other places like used stores and local mom and pop kind of shops? What do you suggest?
Well, Im from Ireland so all i hafta do is go to thomann.de and my local music store have a policy to beat any internet prices, so i just look up what i want then go in and order it there

or if im REALLY lazy just buy it there and have it at my door in 3 days

Havnt a clue about the states, im presuming thats where your from lol

Just have a look around I guess! try buy online! ebay Stores usually have good deals, dunno if its wise to buy that kinda stuff second hand on ebay though!

Happy hunting!
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12