I've been playing guitar for 4 years, and I'll be getting my first tube driven amp very soon.

It's a carvin nomad 50 watt.

What I want to know is how do I know when to replace the tubes, and how do I know which tubes to get?

I hear people like to put JJ tubes in those amps.

Peace , Love , Death Metal

Quote by Super_Duper_Guy
It probably started at $55 but then he thought "You know what? F&*$ them. 1 dollar extra. pwned noobs."
That bastard...
the tubes need replacing when you start hearing crackling when you play notes, or the amp just doesnt work all together. although it will almost always crackle before that happens. and the amp should say somewhere on it which tubes it requires