Hey guys im looking to get this pedal to replace my ts-9 but I'm not sure on what version to get

http://www.fulltone.com/stpframe.html

Click on OCD from the list and then 'click here' on the yellow writing after following the link it tells you in detail about the different versions

Thanks!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Sep 15, 2008,
Anyone? I just found this from Wikipedia

On stage he has also been seen using a Fulltone OCD Overdrive, most recently at The Benefit for Cliff concert that took place at the House of Blues Los Angeles September 30, 2006.

I'm guessing 2006 means he had version 2/3 but maybe he's updated it now?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Why would you not get the newest version? The creator of the pedals obviously knows what he's doing. He isn't making the improvements just for the sake of changing things around :P

I have a V4 and it's wonderful. I just picked it up last week but I'm already really loving it.

-J
Because some people claim the older version to be better, have more bass for example
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Version 4 is again not a dramatic but very noticeable change. The asymmetric clipping creates stronger harmonic content and makes the sound rounder and smoother. Compared to the v3, the v4 has now a higher clipping threshold resulting in a larger voltage swing before clipping occurs - the overall amount of distortion is thus slightly less giving a more transparent sound than the v3.

Version 3 of the OCD is slighty more forgiving in sound and dynamics and it's stronger middle-boost and distortion make it more suitable for comping and riffing, but it lacks some of the crystal clear transparency and articulate character with enormous dynamic range. The asymmetric clipping of the v4 give it a slightly new flavour with richer harmonics compared to the previous version and again increased transparency from v3.

Considering Im going to be using it for Gilbert like tones, looks like the v3 is the one to go for?

Got all the information from here

http://www.pedalarea.com/ocd.htm
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12