ok so I dunno if it was my excessive jamming or maybe I messed up when I screwed the screw on when installing my grover straplocks...but, now the screw hole on my strat horn is bigger and the pin moves up and down a bit and it's pretty unstable. I was just wondering if putting wood fill in the hole would make it stable and rugged like with actual wood or is there any other way to fix this.

thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Just get like 4 or 5 toothpicks and some superglue.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
i jammed a rolled up piece of a balloon in the hole and then screwed into that and it worked rather well.
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Rhode Island
It is neither a Road, nor an Island. Discuss
Quote by walker-rose
Just get like 4 or 5 toothpicks and some superglue.

+1 I second this...

Dooooooo ittttttttttttt..............
lol at me getting sigged when i was quoting snl
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
Wood filler will work but put the screw in before it dries. That way it hardens around the screw and makes the grooves for the screw. The toothpick and superglue method works too. I've used both methods before. Or maybe you can put a bigger screw in it.
Well, I was going to ask this because my bass has a stripped screw hole for the strap button, but now I know to use toothpicks. Thanks!
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Hoooray for toothpicks!!!
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I've found that 1/8" dowel segments really work well. If I'm feeling particularly precise, I'll drill out the hole with a drill, but usually you can just get away with it the way it is.
What I have done in similar situations before is, mix up some wood glue with some fine sawdust. Just take a file or rasp to a piece of wood to get your sawdust.
Mix it up into a paste and shove it in there.
Let it dry, drill a hole and put your screw in.
this has hapened to me in the past and i used araldyte. it worked a treat. plus mo muching around with toothpics and wood shavings
Quote by DownInAHole.
I pop boners all the time in church. I guess i become really horny at the thought of God.

Quote by Dreadnought
Because there's a dick in your mouth. It doesn't matter if it's your own. Eating your own shit doesn't make it not ass-nasty.
i used a matchstick glued in with pva
=---Can't stop addicted to the shindig!!
Either glue a toothpick in there, or find a longer screw to bite deeper. In fact, do both. If this happens to me, I find a screw that's longer and wider, to make sure that it's biting properly in the wood and won't rip straight out later.
Longer, coarser threaded screw - May work, may not. If it's taking the place of a short, finely threaded screw, it most likely will and last. If it isn't. your chance of success is about 50/50.

Tooth Picks and glue - Good quick fix. Tooth picks aren't as strong as a hardwood dowel though, so you'll eventually need to fix it down the road, but it's good on the fly

Hardwood dowel - The only way for a true, permanent fix. You need to drill the strap hole out, put glue on the dowel, and put it in. Then you'll need to drill a small pilot hole a little ways in to start the strap button.

My preferred method is the dowel, but I've used screws and tooth picks fine in the short time.
so just jam toothpicks in there and i should be good?...for now.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp