this mite seem like a dumb question but just want to make sure! will SD blackouts fit into an ibanez rg1570 or rg2550e?
They should do, yes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok kool, so you guys think blackouts are better then emgs?
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
Yeah.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah.

ok well if i get the neck and the bridge SD blackouts, what single coil would go with them seeing as im buying a guitar with H-S-H
SD Hotrail?
but that pickup combo screams "MEEEEETAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
very loudly, do you want versitility?
Quote by nathan549
ok well if i get the neck and the bridge SD blackouts, what single coil would go with them seeing as im buying a guitar with H-S-H

You'll need another active single coil.

BTW, if you don't have a tube amp, don't bother with actice pickups. They're designed to drive the front end of a tube amp hard.
Quote by Killedelphia19
SD Hotrail?
but that pickup combo screams "MEEEEETAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
very loudly, do you want versitility?

well i do play alot of metal, but i also play some steve vai van halen stuff. do u think the blackouts r too heavy for this?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You can't mix active and passive pickups, btw. That's why I said what I did.

ah u can its just not a good idea. but id rather active anyways
Quote by forsaknazrael
You'll need another active single coil.

BTW, if you don't have a tube amp, don't bother with actice pickups. They're designed to drive the front end of a tube amp hard.

well i dnt have a tube amp yet but will be getting one soon same as my guitar so yeh
You're right you can...BUT!

You either need to have a buffer installed, that will match the impedance of the passive pickup to the active ones...OR
You will need a guitar that has independent controls for the active pickups, and independent controls for the passive pickups, as both require different kinds of potentiometers. This way, you will not be able to mix the two pickups in the "middle" positions.
Quote by nathan549
well i dnt have a tube amp yet but will be getting one soon same as my guitar so yeh

You need to wait until you get the guitar and amp and play it through that amp to decide whats lacking about the tone or if you even need active pickups.
A pickup swap is for tweaking your tone, not just improving it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You need to wait until you get the guitar and amp and play it through that amp to decide whats lacking about the tone or if you even need active pickups.
A pickup swap is for tweaking your tone, not just improving it.

ok kool thanks for the advice man . well i will be getting my guitar in the next couple of weeks hopefully but dono weather to get the ibanez rg1570 or 2550e, any advice on that, (oh and in aus the 2550e is $600 more then the rg1570)
I have an Active/Passive mix in my guitar. Sounds good to me, but my passive pick up's sound like shit because they're stock. My EMG is sick though.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many active single coils are out there. EMG does design a few though and I would look into those.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I honestly haven't played either, I don't really like Ibby's, to be honest.
Not that they're not good guitars, they're just not my style. Too much shredder-y like, not comfy for my big gorilla hands.

I could take a look at the specs, and judge off that, but that's about it.

lol hhaha . would u be able to have a look at the specs of both and tell me if the rg2550e is worth the extra $600 in your oppinion?
The main difference on paper, to me, looks to be the 3 piece neck of the 1570 VS the other one having a 5 piece.
Then, the trem system differs. The 1570 Can come with the Edge Zero or Edge Pro, the rg2550e comes with an Edge Pro. My gut says to research the difference between them.

I would also start a new thread tomorrow, after this one has dropped off the page, with the "Ibanez RG1570 VS rg2550e" in the title. This will attract more Ibanez users, who will know about the build quality.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The main difference on paper, to me, looks to be the 3 piece neck of the 1570 VS the other one having a 5 piece.
Then, the trem system differs. The 1570 Can come with the Edge Zero or Edge Pro, the rg2550e comes with an Edge Pro. My gut says to research the difference between them.

I would also start a new thread tomorrow, after this one has dropped off the page, with the "Ibanez RG1570 VS rg2550e" in the title. This will attract more Ibanez users, who will know about the build quality.

ok kool will do thanks for ur help man
Quote by forsaknazrael

oh and the rg1570 has a 5 piece neck aswell not 3 its on the ibanez website.