Is Hair Metal metal? I got into a debate with someone about this and thought I'd ask the metal forum. Thoughts?
Not Metal imo. Their may be a small amount of Heavy Metal influence. But i would classify it as closer to rock then metal.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

no, it's not. it's WAY closer to rock than metal. while there is a very small amount of it that is on the metal-er side of the equation it still isn't metal and the vast majority isn't even particularly related to Metal.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Either Geezer or Iomi.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Hair metal isnt really metal. Its just rock. i dont know why it got the name metal... TOO WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
I would classify some glam bands as metal like old Motley Crue or Twisted Sister. Bands like Poison or Cinderella are more hard rock (at least to my ears).