A big waste, right?

Think about how much paper is used to make newspapers, magazines, brochures, books, any periodicals, ads, everything that is printed! It has seemed to me that most people are more concerned with how to stop the effects of global warming by using other energy sources, but why is no one ever concerned about changing the way we do everything so that it doesn't fuck up the planet in the first place? The internet is an infinite version of news, magazines, brochures, books, etc.

There are obviously lots of wholes in that, like how could we carry computers and the internet around (though, the future holds many possibilities). But I just want to know what you think right?
I'd probably agree with if I didn't know that most newspapers use over 80% recycled sources to print on.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I'm aware, but think beyond just the newspapers (books), and no matter how much of the people recycle, it isn't 100% efficient. It takes fuels to recycle and creates pollution. It is more about stopping the cycle and destroying it entirely, not finding ways to allow us to continue it.
YEah its mostly recycled, but i enjoy taking the paper with me so i dont know

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Doodleface
I'd probably agree with if I didn't know that most newspapers use over 80% recycled sources to print on.

+192--89632767384210460886

served!
There's a theory out in the science world that plants only make enough oxygen to sustain their own life. The name escapes me at the moment. But it's just food for thought.
hmm... u have a point, i'll give you that.

Edit: I withdraw my previous statement.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Last edited by Sakattack75 at Sep 14, 2008,
there are plenty of people involved in rethinking everything destructive about civilization be we're "nuts" and "weird burnt-out hippies" and other things that shouldn't be trusted, global warming is just a socially acceptable version of those types of thoughts, as such its progenitor's theories have a lot of unanswered questions
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
I'll be honest, I've been thinking that for a long time. Guess how much I am going to read once I get out of college.....that's right NONE. It is about time that everything gets put onto the TV or the internet, much more convenient and takes up less space. And as far as books go, if I want to read a book, I'll go see the movie, and if the book doesn't have a movie then it is something that I won't concern myself with.
Quote by in2thesun88
I'll be honest, I've been thinking that for a long time. Guess how much I am going to read once I get out of college.....that's right NONE. It is about time that everything gets put onto the TV or the internet, much more convenient and takes up less space. And as far as books go, if I want to read a book, I'll go see the movie, and if the book doesn't have a movie then it is something that I won't concern myself with.

I don't agree with any of that, but you're entitled to your opinion.
I know what you're trying to say. But it's not that easy to just get rid of newspapers, magazine etc. Some people rely heavily on that stuff..

It's like saying, stop manufacturing cigarettes. They're bad for your health and they ruin the environment - nothing good comes out of them....except money.

Think of how the economy would suffer if all the giant tobacco producers were shut, the jobs lost etc etc...

A similar principle applies to the production of paper...
i actually look at the newspaper on a daily basis. its convenient when they give them away for free at my school.

but its not like i absolutely need to. i could get my news online. if they stopped making newspapers i wouldnt really care.

magazines are pretty pointless to me. i never read them.

i love books though. ive used ebooks and stuff like that, and i dont really like them. so i would definitely not get rid of normal books.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

I wasn't expecting you to, I was just voicing an opinion along the same lines as yours, just under different circumstances
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

lolol he doesn't agree with that either
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by savio23q
I know what you're trying to say. But it's not that easy to just get rid of newspapers, magazine etc. Some people rely heavily on that stuff..

It's like saying, stop manufacturing cigarettes. They're bad for your health and they ruin the environment - nothing good comes out of them....except money.

Think of how the economy would suffer if all the giant tobacco producers were shut, the jobs lost etc etc...

A similar principle applies to the production of paper...

Yeah, I thought about that, jobs would be lost, but more would be created if we started to do it all on the internet and television...But I just was getting the idea out there also, I know it isn't 100% perfect, not near it at all.

That business provides countless jobs which in turn stimulate the economy.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy

That business provides countless jobs which in turn stimulate the economy.

Does your ability to think into the future end there? I'm sorry.

You know that it isn't like they'd immediately stop and be out of a job and do nothing else. They'd go into jobs that would create a way to replace those things, like an electronic tablet that functions like paper, or really good hand held type things. And of course it wouldn't happen at once, it'd be a gradual fall of the printed word, and a rise of the typed. Additionally, cutting our need for that resource helps the environment, eliminates a lot of litter in America, and pollution globally. Our level of technology would be increased as well.

Oh yeah, and don't use that "fail" shit. It is really immature. I'm just putting ideas, which I know aren't 100% accurate at all, out there to talk about, so no need to be an ass, alright? Thanks, champ.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
A big waste, right?

Think about how much paper is used to make newspapers, magazines, brochures, books, any periodicals, ads, everything that is printed! It has seemed to me that most people are more concerned with how to stop the effects of global warming by using other energy sources, but why is no one ever concerned about changing the way we do everything so that it doesn't fuck up the planet in the first place? The internet is an infinite version of news, magazines, brochures, books, etc.

There are obviously lots of wholes in that, like how could we carry computers and the internet around (though, the future holds many possibilities). But I just want to know what you think right?

Yes, it is very wasteful, and we should try and recycle it all, instead of just 80% of newspaper paper. And get rid of weekend supplements in papers; no-one actually reads those.

However, on a more important note, how did you get an unedited f*ck in there without using bold or anything?
Quote by pawnshopguitars

However, on a more important note, how did you get an unedited f*ck in there without using bold or anything?

It takes mad skills to say fuck, young padawan.
I couldn't live without my Daily Telegraph, to be honest.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
^ **** piss bollocks. Hmmmm. These mad skills I do not yet posess...Please inform me, master.

The answer is blowing in the wind in the quote button.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Yes, it is very wasteful, and we should try and recycle it all, instead of just 80% of newspaper paper. And get rid of weekend supplements in papers; no-one actually reads those.

make the size of one letter "2"