Page 1 of 2
I'm getting fed up with shitty cables. They go out on me all the time. I want something reliable that I can depend on when playing live, and something with a lifetime warranty so I don't have to buy a new one every few months. I know monster has warranties, but I can't go shipping off cables to them when they go bad. Does anyone know how the warranty works, and if I can just go into a store selling them for a replacement?

Are there any other brands worth looking into with lifetime warranties that don't require me shipping their cable back? Is
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
I haven't played with them, but at guitar center they told me that if it broke just bring it in and they give you a new one.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
The guy at GC told me if they ever break you can bring them back in and they'll replace them, I laughed and said yeah right and he said it was true so...... They give you a warranty card in the package, fill it out and save your receipt.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Wait, aren't monsters the ones that mess up the input jack of your guitar because of the slightly bigger end on the cable?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
Wait, aren't monsters the ones that mess up the input jack of your guitar because of the slightly bigger end on the cable?

no.... are you dumb? you don't even have them dont say anything.

monsters are awesome. the best cables. you can break them yourself but smashing it on concrete and return it whenever you want. theyll just hand you a new one. if you start to feel your cable is kinda old, smash it and get a new one. it's not a limited lifetime warranty as in, they dont care how it breaks. as lonmg as it's broken, you get a replacement. i know a guy who did this twice.

monsters: once you buy it, never spend on it again. at least keep the receipt and proof of purchase.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
no.... are you dumb? you don't even have them dont say anything.

monsters are awesome. the best cables. you can break them yourself but smashing it on concrete and return it whenever you want. theyll just hand you a new one. if you start to feel your cable is kinda old, smash it and get a new one. it's not a limited lifetime warranty as in, they dont care how it breaks. as lonmg as it's broken, you get a replacement. i know a guy who did this twice.

monsters: once you buy it, never spend on it again. at least keep the receipt and proof of purchase.

How the hell would you know whether I have/know someone that has Monsters?

I have nothing against the company or the cables, but I remember reading something somewhere about how they mess with the input jack of your guitar, and I can't remember whether it was Monsters or not.

Edit: http://www.carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.php?t=10300&sid=af81cefbae6ed3a85cc772191fa32f53

Post in the Carvin forum about it.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Last edited by SSL27 at Sep 14, 2008,
i wish i knew which ones had the lifetime warranty. livewires and monsters break a lot in my experience... coulda saved a lotta money.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Well I can get one for 35 on ebay, but I want to make sure I can take it to GC or something and have them hand me a new one.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Whether or not they're reliable/convenient, I've heard they sound like ass.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
They're definitely worth it. I used to have the same problem with shitty cables and a few months ago bought a coupla monster cables and never had problem out of either one of them. And about the warranty, you can just take them back to guitar center. I think any other brand with a lifetime warranty, you will have to mail it in.
I have both livewire and monster cable and honestly I can't tell any difference. Livewires have lifetime warranties and are about half the price and sound just as good to my ears. For the price they're hard to beat. I've had the same livewire cable since I started playing guitar and have had zero problems. It's been in my amp so long the cable is bent at a 90 degree angle permanently from hanging out of the amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It's real easy to do

A bandmate rolled up my new Monster cable in really tight loops and something-or-another conked out on it. All I did was take it to Guitar Center, and before I could ask a question they handed me a brand new one off the wall and I was on my way. I didn't have to show a receipt or any Warranty Card (I've never seen one of these) or anything. Buy one now and have one for life. Well as long as no one jacks it from you or you lose it

As far as sounding like ass......No. Whoever said that was dumb.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
And another thing about the reliability issue, if you get a cable that doesn't have the metal cyclinder on the end (I don't know what to call it, but I've had them fall off several times), it should hold up great.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by SSL27
How the hell would you know whether I have/know someone that has Monsters?

I have nothing against the company or the cables, but I remember reading something somewhere about how they mess with the input jack of your guitar, and I can't remember whether it was Monsters or not.

Edit: http://www.carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.php?t=10300&sid=af81cefbae6ed3a85cc772191fa32f53

Post in the Carvin forum about it.

If you read on in the forum, someone says that they encountered that problem and called Carvin. The techs knew exactly what the problem was (something to do with the input jack itself) and sent him a new one. It had nothing to do with the cable. That's the only time i've ever even heard such an absurdity suggested.

Anyway. Instead of focusing on the price point or the durability of a cable, think about how they get treated. Winding a cable the wrong way will shorten its life, regardless of brand. Pulling it out of a jack by the cable instead of the tip will shorten its life. Allowing it to become knotted will shorten its life. Putting excess pressure in any direction on the end of a cable (i.e. walking away from your amp with a straight tipped cable plugged into your guitar and stretching the cable) will shorten its life.
All of these things happen on a regular basis. if you treat any cable right, it's going to last longer. That said, monsters, mogamis, etc. are more impervious to these problems.

Just be careful.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
No, in my opinion I would go with Death Valley Cables. Search them on google or another search engine. Great quality cables and come with a warranty. They seem to be just as good if not better than the higher-end cables.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Monster cables are definitely worth the money. You will be surprised how much clearer your tone is when you switch over to Monster! And they have a lifetime warranty so if you buy one then you will never have to buy another cable - just keep your receipt! However, they are pretty hard to break if you take proper care of them - they are built to last (which is why the company has such a loose replacement policy!).

And no, they don't mess up your input jack - whoever said that is just making stuff up (I'm not talking about you SSL27, I'm talking about whoever you heard it from).
^I just looked at mine and they are the same size and shape as my livewires so I can vouch for that.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
id like to see the face on the guys' faces that say monster this monster that AFTER they try their precious monsters in a blind test against a regular 2$ cable. Its a ****ing scam, admit it. How many times will you break a decent cable? Not 25 times unless you walk around with razors attached to your shoes.
I'm not sure about the US... But here in Singapore they aren't. They cost about S$50 (US$30-35?) and apparently are made in China (at least the ones the local shops used to sell). Yeah so the shops here kind of stopped selling them due to reliability complaints.
Quote by 1337void
id like to see the face on the guys' faces that say monster this monster that AFTER they try their precious monsters in a blind test against a regular 2$ cable. Its a ****ing scam, admit it. How many times will you break a decent cable? Not 25 times unless you walk around with razors attached to your shoes.

Perfect! I can start wearing my Razor Blade Shoes again.
Quote by kckyle
failed

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mogami-Platinum-Guitar-Cable-330037-i1172088.gc

this totally blows the monster cables out of the water

are you crazy those are 99-219$

Its called 24k Gold Guitar cables from radio shack 20$ gold plated strong rubber wire cover. if they break super cheap to replace. and Ive have mine for like half a year it still looks new get like no feed back better then a lot of others I have tried, though I have never tryed the super expensive brands. but 220$ you could buy a guitar for that much.
Wireless.

Can't step on it, can't wind it wrong, can't pull too hard on it.

Well on second thought, you dont have to change batteries in a cable... :P

I've had good experience with Yorkville cables, just a standard mid priced cable that gets 'er done for me.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
I've always used cheap-ass cables off of ebay and stuff, and have never had a problem with them. I have used Monster Cables at a friends place, and didn't notice a difference.

If the guitar cables Monster makes are anything like their other cables, they're overpriced for the same thing cheaper brands do.
monster cables are probably the best commercial cables out there...lifetime warranty for ANYTHING (they just give you/send you a new one) and superb crisp tone that i have run through recording devices. compared to neutrik plugs, monster cables have about 140% extra frequency bandwidth meaning that it lets just abit more of your guitar tone go through.

plus the actual cable material is fantastic ( its so thick) and you can feel hat cause the cable is a bit heavier than other cables.
I loathe Monster Cables from my days as an electronics salesmen, so even if they're effing fantastic, I'm boycottin' em by not purchasing any. I'd rather have a good wireless and be done with cables. A moderately priced backup cable is the alternative.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
I loathe Monster Cables from my days as an electronics salesmen, so even if they're effing fantastic, I'm boycottin' em by not purchasing any. I'd rather have a good wireless and be done with cables. A moderately priced backup cable is the alternative.

yes but what are you going to use for connecting your wireless unit to your amp and your guitar? you need a small cable to connect your guitar to a transmitter and another one to connect your amp to the receiver (not to mention stuff you have in your amps FX loop). if you use a ****ty cable, you have at least 50-100cm of ****ty cable for your signal to go through. so yeah if would purchase a good cable for it (say 2X30cm from monster cable) your sound would be whole, without singal loss. also any wireless unit under 200-300 EUR is prolly gonna be a piece of crap and will tone-suck your signal as well.

Its ok some people just cant hear the difference in their sound, or may not care. Its fine if your one of them but dont say its not worth it cause some people actually do want to find a perfect (in their opinion) sound.
I won a contest at my local Guitar Center and they gave me a whole set up of Monster Cables. I've got 4 30ft cables and a bunch of patch cables. This was about 3 years ago and I'm still using the same cables, minus the one my friend broke (Stated this earlier)

I've had good luck with them haha. Never really had a problem, except the incident with my friend
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
i think there has been a clear misunderstanding here. these who said the moderate priced livewire cables sounds the same as the monster are comparing to the regular monster cable which are only 25 bucks and yeah i don't believe in that either. but however i recently bought the 24k gold plated monster cables and i did notice some major tone difference. my sweep has a definitely clearer tone and i'm getting a more aggressive chords. if you want good cables i suggest you get these gold plated ones which are 50 dollars and up.
About a year ago I brought a Whirlwind Leader cable, the thing is awesome my tone improved tenfold plus they have a life time guarantee so you send them the broke cable they send you the new cable, not that i have had to do this mind.
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
im certain my comment will get lost in a sea ignorance as ever, but im gonna gove you some real advice here....

if you want the leads the pro's are using, forget the brands, buy anything that has neutric style jacks. if you dont know what neutric is, go do a search.

you can buy unbranded cables quite cheap, with neutrics and they are without doubt the best for durability - go ask a pro.

peace

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
I've played through the Rock model of Monster cables, and compared it to the cables I was using and I notice the guitar sounded fuller.
You can save a lot of money if you make your own cables. All you need is a soldering iron. Mogami cable+Neutrik connectors are the way to go...
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Last edited by Kakashi98 at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by Kakashi98
You can a lot of money if you make your own cables. A soldering iron is neccessary, you can get one for $10. Mogami cable+Neutrik connectors are the way to go...

this man knows what hes talking about... i was going to mention the diy method, but didnt want to complicate things.
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Quote by hippyheaven1
im certain my comment will get lost in a sea ignorance as ever, but im gonna gove you some real advice here....

if you want the leads the pro's are using, forget the brands, buy anything that has neutric style jacks. if you dont know what neutric is, go do a search.

you can buy unbranded cables quite cheap, with neutrics and they are without doubt the best for durability - go ask a pro.

peace

G

Neutrik, with a capital N. And it is a brand.
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Page 1 of 2