ok to start of i know you all hate line 6 bass amps, i was wondering if this would be a good beginner amp, i would play metal like, disturbed, mudvayne, a7x, adn other metal
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
lol, do you expect to run a tbird through it?
who knows, you might get a godly sound by combining the two negatives.

Just kidding, I don't want to bash.
I have the LD175 and it's okay...but I can't hear myself in band practice.
Also, it's got amazing tonal capacity under 12 O'clock after that it pretty much sucks.
I can literally almost get Marcus Millers sexy Jazz tone on this crappy amp if I spend enough time EQing.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
your sig says you have an acoustic B100 combo....why the need to downgrade to a 75w with f/x...if your after modeling and F/X buy those, Bass PODxt / Live / Pro / X3...
The Lowdown is basically a Bass Floor Pod with a crappy power amp and speaker slapped onto it... which you can't control with your foot.

Just get one of those if you like the features and slap it in front of the Acoustic.
ya i dont have the acoustic anymore... it was to big, i returned and im to busy to change my sig so ignore it and i dont have the bass anymore either.... ya so is this amp really that bad if so, what are some suggestions for an equivalent amp around this size with approximately the same wattage and price

never buy a squier!
Okay I own a lowdown 110 studio and use as my main amp

You can't really get great jazz cleans or massive amounts of distorion. That being said, it can get most things in between which includes really good rock and slap tones. Its very loud for its size. I jam with a guitarist who has a 60-65 wat amp and I can easuly hear myself. However its not great for low volume. Once you bring the volume knob under 5 your sound becomes very thin. I'd also like to point out that the "synth mode" isn't very good. It seems cool until you realize that its real quiet and you can't play fast without it breaking up. However overall I think its a pretty good amp. While its doesn't hsve the "Best" tone for the money, it definately is the most portable amp that still has volume for the money.
it's terrible. the only thing I'd rec it over is a Behringer. you should have kept the Acoustic.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
it's terrible. the only thing I'd rec it over is a Behringer. you should have kept the Acoustic.

While I didn't like it, I wouldn't go that far. but you shoulda kept the Acoustic, you had more watts(and better quality) for the same price, and The Line 6 would only be slightly smaller in size.
Quote by quicksilver25
While I didn't like it, I wouldn't go that far. but you shoulda kept the Acoustic, you had more watts(and better quality) for the same price, and The Line 6 would only be slightly smaller in size.

I hate Line 6. every time I play one, it sounds terribly fake and weak and... it sounds wrong.

I'm too tired to explain, someone in a different time zone please elaborate. good night UG.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

i own(ed) alot of line6 gear and when i was buying it i was under the influence they made the best stuff out there for F/X and stuff but its not true. its not that well made either...the guitar gear is far superior the bassists are really screwed by Line6...

How is it the Bass PODxts have 64 banks while the Guitar Version has 128 but the cost the same thats like a 2Gig Ipod for the same price as a 4Gig Ipod....

then theres the updates the Guitarists got 6 Free Amp Models 4 Free Stomp F/X and 7 Free Wahs and are on Version 3.03...im fully updated and we got nothing and are still on Version 1.06 not to mention they can download Model PAcks

the Bass POD xt "LIVE" doesnt even have XLR outs hows that for "LIVE" use ? Stay away

Good Luck
^ I like to re-amp with their POD when I'm recording, but anything with a Line 6 logo and a speaker pretty much screams crap. Theres no balls to it (god I hate describing it that way), it doesn't sound alive to me. It's kinda like listening to your favorite bands new single over a cell phone, it sucks.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
ok if the line 6 is that bad are there any amps the same size with around the same price and wattage???

never buy a squier!
THE ACOUSTIC WAS TO BIG!!!!! that is why i didnt keep it, it was an amazing amp that i would recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!, and i want some sort of effects in the amp that i buy.

never buy a squier!
^Start lifting weights or find a new instrument. Bass amps aren't exactly known for being lightweight or portable. Maybe a head and 2x10 cab.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

all I can conjure is Markbass. but that is expensive.

and amps with the effects in them already usually sound terrible, I would get a multi effects.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by FenderKid87
^Start lifting weights or find a new instrument. Bass amps aren't exactly known for being lightweight or portable. Maybe a head and 2x10 cab.

wow ur retarted, i have 2 houses and i ddont feel like carting around a 70 pound amp so stfu

never buy a squier!
Quote by the humanity
all I can conjure is Markbass. but that is expensive.

and amps with the effects in them already usually sound terrible, I would get a multi effects.

then how much money would an amp similar to this be, without effects, and what amp/effects do u recommend, and can i use the multi-effects pedal for bass to???

never buy a squier!
musicinsfriend.com....go shopping

furthermore FenderKid87 had a point.....everyone tried giving you their advice but it looks like you cant read, the Acoustic brand line up is perfect for your needs....for more $ Fender Bassman series maybe Ampeg BA series, alot of people hate these but they are descent, of course all the brands have combos with practice power....but those aree the "warmest" of em there is an Ampeg BA 210-SP with built in F/X that sound SUPERB and it comes with a programmable footswitch weighs 76lbs sports 220w 2x10 and costs $700 usd

F/X - if you go Multi i do actually suggest the Line6 Floor POD believe it or not for the price its more practical then spending big bucks on L6 and it really has everything+ a wah pedal thats in that Lowdown combo, but if you are gonna put some cash into it Boss has a new Multi F/X GT-10B and its got everything and better sounds than L6 sept USB recording which the Line6 Bass PODxt series offers so its give and take....

You could build an F/X board with multiple Stomp Boxes but that can be very expensive and you better have good taste cause they can be frustarting to get complex good sounds from alot of em chained together...

NOW ! something ive learned from using tons of F/x your not really interested in amp tone nescessarily if you are just gonna throw F/X and Modeling all over it just go for a clear sounding amp cause once you put your "preamp" to it your gonna spend more time trying to work out a flattened EQ so the sounds come through CLEAR

G'd Luck
Last edited by HATe410 at Sep 16, 2008,
what about the gk backline 210?? is that recommended??? i could get one of them used, i want somethine smaller and lighter than the acoustic b100, so any opinions??

never buy a squier!
that is a good combo a little underpowered....obviously its a "backline" cab so right away you should know its not the top of the quality chain from GK but as long as its working it will sound fine....BTW it only weighs 55Lbs and even GK rates it at an actual 175w RMS
Quote by tbirds1013
wow ur retarted, i have 2 houses and i ddont feel like carting around a 70 pound amp so stfu

Whats retarted? Speak English.... I'm trying really hard not to flame you to the point of embarrassment, but you make it way too easy.

That acoustic amp weighs 50 pounds. Any Gigable amp will weigh that or more. You can't honestly expect to haul a gigging amp back and forth between 2 houses.

Going by your username, you should probably just settle for a behringer though.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Quote by FenderKid87
Whats retarted? Speak English.... I'm trying really hard not to flame you to the point of embarrassment, but you make it way too easy.

That acoustic amp weighs 50 pounds. Any Gigable amp will weigh that or more. You can't honestly expect to haul a gigging amp back and forth between 2 houses.

Going by your username, you should probably just settle for a behringer though.

i dont need something gigable, i would just like something i could use at small gigs so i can use the amp that i get if i need to, so i dont have to buy a new one in the near future, and wat does my username have to do with me getting a behringer???

never buy a squier!
I have the Lowdown 110. It it a fine practice amp. The FX were great when I started bass and didn't know what kind of tone I wanted. I probably wouldn't buy it now, but its definately not the worst you can do.
ok. for starters, the lowdowns can give you a good basic sound, nothing more.
some weak points:
1) "drive": it sounds like a microwave. enough said.
2) synth: shit-tay. very slow tracking, fast playing = not cool.
3) octaver: same as synth, and it gets intense muddy in the low end.

that being said, it is possible to dial in a few decent sounds for different styles, but there aren't many settings that work too well (at least in my case).
so, yeah. there are absolutely better amps, and i wouldn't really recommend it to anyone who knows a few things about tone.
Geddy Lee kicks your ass.

I saw this Wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, 'Dude, you have to WAIT.'