If that's why you play, then you'll never be "great."
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by ultrafret619
would that score points with a woman and do they even care?

It does, but you have to play something amazing.
Anyone can claim it.
: )
no. I get called a great guitar player by people quite a bit. I still haven't a girlfriend. I'm not incredibly ugly either.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
no. I get called a great guitar player by people quite a bit. I still haven't a girlfriend. I'm not incredibly ugly either.

Too bad I"M incredibly ugly.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Women don't care how well you play guitar, they care about how well you play something else...
To IMMABBALLPLAYER, the only reason you don't have a girlfriend, I'm guessing, is because you aren't asking girls out. Can't expect them to do it for you.

Also, TS, if the reason you're playing guitar is to get girls, just put your guitar down right now. Someone else could be using it properly. Girls don't respond to great guitar playing alone, they want more than that. If they do respond to just your great guitar playing, chances are they only want you for the popularity you bring along with you.
maybe if OTHER people sa it in front of women.

shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i dont know
The majority of them don't give a shit about your skills unless you actually are great and are playing right at the time. It's a good way to get you noticed though, as at my first battle of the bands there were eight bands playing and I was easily the most talented guitarist, (I don't consider this bragging as everyone else was just plain shit), and the only guy to leave with a hot chicks number. She even got my sisters friend to introduce me to her. After first impressions though it all comes down to your social skills, as you can't play guitar forever, and will have to talk to them sometime.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
If you just say "Yeah I'm a great guitar player", you'll sound like an arrogant tool. Girls generally don't like that.
If someone else says to the girl "Yeah, he's fantastic!", then that might, yes.

But if the only reason you're playing guitar it to get chicks, just stop. Or take up bass.

OH!

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
u see hot women with guitarists portayed as a stereotype, which is partially right. guitar players could make a ton of money and meet many people. its potentially glamourus. it has a certain "danger" attached to it, a lifestyle. u could have that element on ur side for getting with women.

opposed to if u played trombone. its not potentially glamorous.

u prolly dont want to be with those kinda women for more than a night anyway. ya it will score many points, but its not a good basis to play guitar or meet a girl worth ur time.
Quote by TSmitty6
u see hot women with guitarists portayed as a stereotype, which is partially right. guitar players could make a ton of money and meet many people. its potentially glamourus. it has a certain "danger" attached to it, a lifestyle. u could have that element on ur side for getting with women.

u prolly dont want to be with those kinda women for more than a night anyway. ya it will score many points, but its not a good basis to play guitar or meet a girl worth ur time.

Trombone is sexy, what are you talking about?
: )
Quote by TSmitty6

Fuck off, trombone is awesome.

Ska > You.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1

Ska > You.

+1.
Ska muso's get all the girls, what with their hats and whatnot.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Giving as women are incredibly varied individuals, I'm gonna go with "maybe."

Seriously, it depends on the girl. They're humans, not a video game where you have to pick the right answer that stays the same every time.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by JaykeSucks
+1.
Ska muso's get all the girls, what with their hats and whatnot.

-Jayke

Darn right. It's a good thing I play in a Ska band!

Fedora's + Sweet Ska Sounds = Ladies.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Darn right. It's a good thing I play in a Ska band!

Fedora's + Sweet Ska Sounds = Ladies.

Hell yeah.
I gots me TWO Fedoras and a flat cap. Best investments ever

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult