Ok so i got this amp used maybe a month or so ago. No problems aside from a small paint splat on the back which came off quick and easy with some guitar polish. Now, it's starting to cut out on me. Like, i may be playing something, and it'll just lose the sustain. Really fast too. It's never happened before and it's not my guitar so i'm wondering what exactly i should do. I tried my other guitar and it seemed worse. Maybe less than 1/2 of my notes are ringing out as long as normal. What should i do???
Compressor sustainer?
In reality it may be broken. Take it to a tech to have him CHECK it. If it is broken, chances are it will be expensive as hell to fix.
What are your exact settings on your amp and which PU are you using on your guitar?
Maybe its the tube?

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Im using normal settings, ones i always do. Treble up full, mids around 2 o'clock, bass at 12 o'clock. Effects bypassed, pickup doesn't matter. I think it may be the preamp tube.
It's not a preamp tube, it's a slave circuit.

It would result in an overall loss of volume.

What amp model?
Yea, but the tube in your amp isn't used as a preamp tube IN YOUR amp. On any other amp it would be, but on the the VTs they put them somewhere near the power amp section.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
I'd try replacing the tube since thats a cheap fix.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If there is something wrong circuitwise, probably more than the amp is worth since it is a solid state amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by HighPotency
It says in the title Vox AD30VT...

Dude, the amp has 11 amp models and several presets. How is your amp set? I own the same damned thing and am trying to help, so I need details.
Quote by imgooley
Dude, the amp has 11 amp models and several presets. How is your amp set? I own the same damned thing and am trying to help, so I need details.

Ah it's on the US Hi-gain setting atm. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Quote by HighPotency
Ah it's on the US Hi-gain setting atm. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.

You probably have the noise gate activated and have the threshold set way to high.

Leave the effects bypassed, and hold the 'tap' button down. Move the edit 1 knob all the way to the right, and then to the left.
^ what he said....

The noise gate is still active even when the effects are bypassed....
I agree with the person who recommended turning off the noisegate.

-Hit bypass (Bypass light should turn on)
-Hold down "Tap"
-While still holding tap, turn the "Edit knob" to the left as far as you will go...
-If the knob was already there when you held down "Tap", move it to the right first.