so... I have an 08 MIA SSS Strat and about to get a hotrail for the bridge. Part of me wants to put it in, I love Maiden's sound and other 80s metal. but at the same time i love rock and blues too, probably even play more blues and rock then metal. Do you guys think it'll just mess up my guitars tone since the other two picks ups arent going to be changed any time soon. ahh.... decisions
no. hot rails are awesome. theyre not as high otuput as humbuckers, but theyre still one of the highest output single coils. you can leave the other pickups stock. just put the hotrail in the bridge. will not mess up tone trust me.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
alright thanks, cause I cant find any strats with them in them to try. So i had to just order it and hope it works out good.
Quote by apak
no. hot rails are awesome. theyre not as high otuput as humbuckers, but theyre still one of the highest output single coils. you can leave the other pickups stock. just put the hotrail in the bridge. will not mess up tone trust me.

Uhm, they're not single-coils. They're humbuckers that are the same size as SC's. And I've heard they rule. If you wanna lower the output, you can just turn down the guitar's volume or lower the pickup's height to compensate.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I have a hot rails in my tele so it's almost the same thing as you would be talking about.
The hot rails is pretty high output despite what apak said, but when you turn down the guitar's volume it makes a big difference and you can still get a nice tone.
BUT it is hard to get a completely clean tone from it. It almost always sounds a little distorted no matter how low the volume, or at least to me it does.
Overall though I would say get it because you won't be disappointed.
I have SD Jb Jrs Neck and Mid and a Hotrail in my bridge. The JB JRs give me nice blues/rock all around sound, and that hotrail covers all the bases when it comes to playing lead. when i play with a clean channel and a decent ammount of reverb, it gives a great surf sound. if i go to position 4, the Jb Jr and hotrail give a great surf rock tone. When i play dirt in the bridge position, it is by far the best all around lead pickup.
I have them in my strat and they sound fine. They really are great pickups for all styles.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone