Just a minute ago i found this black bulbous thing that looked like a tick at the heel of my dogs front foot. The thing is we dont typically get ticks here seeing how were in a city and in my experience with ticks ive never seen a black one.

i attempted to remove it, it burst (and dont say you were doing it wrong because ive removed ALOT of ticks before in my life) and subsequently my dog yelped quietly in pain. after it burst it came to me that it could have been a blood blister so i washed the small wound so it wouldnt get infected.

my dog is fine and all i was just wondering that are there such thing as black ticks? and if not do you believe it was a blood blister, and if you do believe it was a blood blister how would he have gotten one?

i really mainly want to know if its a tick or not because i know if you try to remove a tick and it bursts and you leave the head stuck under the skin it can get badly infected. but if its not a tick i dont want to put my dog in any pain.
You may want to take your dog to the vet. If the pit isn't a doctor, it's surely not a veterinarian, and I'd imagine that if you're unsure as to whether or not it was a tick, it could have been a whole host of things. Best to make sure the dog doesn't get an infection or have some underlying disease, yeah?

But I'm fairly sure there are black ticks out there. I feel like I've had a few.
DOWN&OUT
For a blood blister i just poked a hole in it with a needle to help it drain some then waited for the blood to be absorbed. It could have gotten pinched in something if it was a blood blister. You should take it to the vet.
Quote by Jett Diamond
You may want to take your dog to the vet. If the pit isn't a doctor, it's surely not a veterinarian, and I'd imagine that if you're unsure as to whether or not it was a tick, it could have been a whole host of things. Best to make sure the dog doesn't get an infection or have some underlying disease, yeah?

But I'm fairly sure there are black ticks out there. I feel like I've had a few.

problem is the vet is completely out of the question. also i dont feel something as small as this can lead to anything too serious.

btw when i say black i mean black when its swelled up like a balloon from all the blood its drank. every tick ive ever seen has swelled up white, never black.

im not asking for a doctor/vet all i want to know is if you people have seen a swelled up tick that was black and if not how do you get a blood blister?
Why is the vet out of the question? Small little things like that can lead to much bigger problems. Melanoma can starts out looking like a freckle...

Regardless, does this help?
Tick:

Blood blister:

EDIT: I have class tomorrow morning, so I need to go to bed. I really hope your dog is okay. Best wishes
DOWN&OUT