I recently tried out a m-169 mxr delay pedal and i hoped it would give me a nice subtle delay in the background maybe, but what i got was like always 2 guitars playing at once. it got really annoying and i was just wondering if all delay pedals are like that. i wanted a delay pedal along with some reverb from my roland cube but the delay was just too much.

on top of that can anyone suggest me some soloing effects, generally, for me? maybe like a compressor or something
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Ibanez AD-9 will do what you're looking for. Also a nice, subtle, slow flange or phase sounds nice. Even if it's just about unnoticeable, it'll give a nice effect.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Well for more subtle doubling you can turn down the volume of the effect on every delay pedal I've seen. You can get DD-3's pretty cheap now that they have all the newer series in production and it can cop a passable reverb, but if that's what you're looking for specifically then I'd look into something like a Holy Grail or verbzilla. My concern though is the tone you'll get running effects pedals into the cube. Is that your only amp? Doesn't it have effects onboard?
If you want subtle set the mix lower and the delay time lower. I had one and can vouch for it doing anything from subtle reverbesque sounds and simple slaps to huge gilmour like delays.

For a solo you can't beat a good boost pedal. If you want little more gain then a Tubescreamer clone is great. If you just want a volume boost then a simple booster pedal like the bbe boosta grande, EH LPB-1 or the MXR micro amp would work great. For a compressor you'd have to set it up for tons of sustain, though since I personally don't like compressor I don't know any to suggest.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not