So I'm going to Guitar Center soon and I'm getting a distortion pedal, but I can't decide between two.

Should I get the Boss DS-1 or the Ibanez DS7?

I play mostly thrash metal. Which would be best suited for it? If you have other suggestions, let me know, but I'm on a tight budget.
Um, neither. Amp? Budget? Location?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Um, neither. Amp? Budget? Location?

agreed.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
definately neither. especially for thrash.
but yes...what amp ect.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I'm going to buy a distortion at Guitar Center too.
Ask for the Bigg Muff, it's great. I went to GC yesterday, and they recommended it. It's only $59, and it gives a great fuzzy thrash tone, i tried it out over there.
i prefer distortion straight from the amp
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
a ds-1 wont get you thrash metal, and i dk about the other one i haven't heard of it.
blahblahblah
If you must get Boss Get the metalcore.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
If you must get Boss Get the metalcore.

- 1000. The Metalcore is a turd disguised as a pedal.

If you must get one of those two, get the DS-1 although I'd say a Digitech Death Metal may be a bit closer to what you want. Or a Metal Muff if you can afford it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
- 1000. The Metalcore is a turd disguised as a pedal.

If you must get one of those two, get the DS-1 although I'd say a Digitech Death Metal may be a bit closer to what you want. Or a Metal Muff if you can afford it.

NO deth metal. Just as bad as a metalcore.
What amp do you have and what is your budget?
Solid state= metal muff
Tube= Nice overdrive
Try a Metal Muff if you can. The DS7 actually isn't a bad choice as it has a lot of different tones. The new Digitech Hard Line distortion looks pretty cool. But the next distortion pedal I'm likely to buy is the Body Rot 2.
Quote by mcrfobtai

NO deth metal. Just as bad as a metalcore.
What amp do you have and what is your budget?
Solid state= metal muff
Tube= Nice overdrive

Actually the Death Metal isn't as bad as everyone here makes it out to be, it just takes A LOT of tweaking to get a good tone. Don't get me wrong, its not anything spectacular, but it isn't the worst pedal ever made.

And it doubles as a bottle opener - I used mine to open a beer just the other night!

TS: Check out a ProCo Rat - a lot of the bands in the 80's used them and you get a really nice metal tone out of them. Also, check out a Boss DF-2 Super Distortion - thats what Kirk Hammett used back in the early 80's... pretty decent thrash tone. You will of course have to go used with that pedal though because they haven't made them in forever!