I've been playing For a year or so, I'm getting into Soloing/Shredding, Then I noticed something.

I can't Play ANY songs completely through, I start learning them, then loose focus and go on to other things.

Can anyone throw me a quick little song that I can play through so i don't feel like a gimp?
just take some aderol lol
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (loaded w/ Lollar Specials)
MXR Dyna Comp
B.K. Butler Tube Driver
EH Russian Muff
Fulltone GT-500
Keeley modded Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Vox Time Machine Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (MM transformer)
Dude I'm totally that way too. Something that isn't at all in your type of play you describe, but is a fun tune everyone knows and is super easy is Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day.
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
I hear ya. I've been playing for almost 5 and there aren't many songs I can play all the way through. But mostly this is by choice. I get much more out of writing my own songs. But learning ones you like can be fun as well as a learning experience. As for a song, well the first few songs I learned were by AC\DC. Not a bad place to start.
Quote by Strat = Love
Dude I'm totally that way too. Something that isn't at all in your type of play you describe, but is a fun tune everyone knows and is super easy is Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day.

I'll try it, Wasn't that much into Greenday but I can try it out
Quote by rhoads6
I hear ya. I've been playing for almost 5 and there aren't many songs I can play all the way through. But mostly this is by choice. I get much more out of writing my own songs. But learning ones you like can be fun as well as a learning experience. As for a song, well the first few songs I learned were by AC\DC. Not a bad place to start.

hmm but again the solos arent that easy to play....at least for a beginner;
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Napalm Death - You Suffer
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by dickeskind
hmm but again the solos arent that easy to play....at least for a beginner;

Fair Enough. But the first solo I learned was the one from "Shook Me All Night Long" And I had only been playing for about a year as well.

But what Oujou said about losing focus after starting to learn a song is a common problem I've seen with beginner guitarists. Whether it's because they give up (think they can't do it) or they continuously find another song they want to learn. I guess the best advice I can give is to get a tab, and set goals for yourself. Say your gonna learn the first verse for a bit, then learn the chorus or whatever. Sometimes I find, especially on more difficult songs, that taking it on all at once will just become frustrating. And more so for a beginner. Hope that helps!!