Hey I'm going to be playing a short gig for a church fund raiser. I'm not really sure what kind of songs to play, but I'm thinking around 1-3 songs, mainly cause we would be opening for our youth minister (who also happens to be in a Christian rock band). Could you guys recommend some alternative/rock songs either acoustic or electric that would be good for a church gig? obviously lyrics that are appropriate, and it would be me (guitarist/singer) and a drummer.
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
look up Jars of Clay if you haven't heard of them, some of their older stuff sounds like it would fit what you're looking for.
play anything by the strokes that doesnt need a bassist so basically anything cept juicebox
anberlin has some cool songs
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Thanks for the quick replies! I checked out some of the bands you guys suggested, but I don't think I'm looking for that kind of sound. I guess more like a bright acoustic or clean electric sound is what I'm trying to get. Maybe some more well known bands so people will sing along , but I'm sure that doesn't matter that much.
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Bound for the Floor by Local H
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
jet- are you gonna be my girl
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Disciple - Slayer
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
oh my god I Cum Blood oh my god
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
oh my god I Cum Blood oh my god

lol yeah

bring out the corpse

Hammer Smashed Face ftw