Okay so this lady on craigslist divorced her husband and got stuck with his guitar he never used/ an amp that is still in it's box. LOL.

Okay so it's a black beauty les paul (Epiphone): http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Black-Beauty-Electric-Guitar?sku=518340

It's 800 dollars new.

Then a fender G-DEC amp: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-GDEC-Executive-Digital-Entertainment-Center?sku=480879

Which is 400 dollars brand new.

So I don't think this person has a real perspective of what this should be running for - she is selling it for $900. Problem being I don't have 900 dollars I was hoping I could get it lower.

How low do you think I can get it? I have $730 right now but my dad said he could chip in some.
go 800-850, pay off your dad over time, be cooly. start at 800, if shes like 'no', go 825, if not then 850.
Tell her what you have, and see how low she'll go. Borrow the rest from your dad.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Bid anything you can, so she at least knows you're interested. You should low-ball her with $730, and she'll raise it, then go for the middle of both ranges. Usually always works.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Start even lower. Start at $700. Then work up.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by ToxicConfusion
Bid anything you can, so she at least knows you're interested. You should low-ball her with $730, and she'll raise it, then go for the middle of both ranges. Usually always works.

i would low ball around $730 as well, that seems a decent offer for a lady that has no use for guitar equipment and wants some money.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i'd offer 700
Ibanez S470DXQM
Ibanez IC-400 [Made in Korea, Aug. 2005]
Ibanez Studio ST55 [Made in Japan, Sept. 1980]
VOX AD50VT Amp
Morley Bad Horsey Wah
BOSS MD-2 Mega Distortion Pedal
I told her 700 and gave her my phone number I'll update tomorrow.

If anyone was wondering the 250 dollar epiphone les paul I was about to buy on craigslist the other day... It was sold 5 minutes before I called him. D: