I don't know where else this would go so...

Anyways, lately I've noticed my accuracy has been sort of shitty. I don't know why, but I have found it to be real crappy. How do I make it improve? I play scales accurately most of the time, but when I solo it's just...not accurate.

Help?
LARGE TEXT
You probably tried playing things too difficult (not necessarily fast) when you were a novice. So you playing is sloppy. That's a problem with some of my friends.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Metronome on a slow BPM is always a win.
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Stop practicing scales and insted practice the actual solos that you're playing sloppily...like others have said, slow them down to the speed where you're able to play them accurately and work from there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The best way to practise is to play.
I suggest something technical.
If you are good, and into death metal, try Necrophagist.
Children Of Bodom has something you could try as well.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
You probably tried playing things too difficult (not necessarily fast) when you were a novice. So you playing is sloppy. That's a problem with some of my friends.

So are you saying he can't improve? That was a useless post IMO. TS you should just do what the others recommended and play with a metronome at slower tempos. Make sure you hit every not with good rythm and clarity before speeding the tempo up.

Burton I'm not sure what you were getting at but if you don't try songs that are 'too difficult' how are you supposed to advance?.....
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Thanks for the responses guys, I have one more question though.

How do I calculate the bpm of a song when I'm using a metronome? I have always wondered this, and if I'm gonna slow it down I think I'm gonna need to know how to put it back to regular speed.
LARGE TEXT
Count the song and mess with the metronome till they match up.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless