i'm trying to find a bridge that i can't describe so well the best example i have found (i think is being used) in this picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewfield/2402511400/
same guitar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/megownsengland/463175376/

essentially i would say it is a tremelo that you use just by applying pressure with the heel of your hand, or something like that. does anyone know any guitars that use these or where i can buy one? the guitar in the picture is a wick custom, but those are $3500 and i am wondering what other options i might have or what it's called.

thanks
signed,
your favorite poster
Last edited by wemonir at Sep 15, 2008,
Sorry, that's the first I've ever seen of them...
Won't you only be able to take the pitch up though?

EDIT: I guess you could pull the back up to lower the pitch?
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
There's this kid on Youtube who can show you how to bend notes without a whammy bar, so you don't need one- shocking!

I guess you're looking for something similar to the K7, right? Well, you probably wouldn't be able to bend lower. If anything, just go for a conventional trem- it's not going to hurt you, unless you're Pete Townshend.
i know i don't need one, i am just used to bending notes by using the heel of my hand to press between the bridge and tailpiece of my les paul. if i can get something like that i'd want to use it on other guitars but if not i will just go for a tremelo arm
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by wemonir
i know i don't need one, i am just used to bending notes by using the heel of my hand to press between the bridge and tailpiece of my les paul. if i can get something like that i'd want to use it on other guitars but if not i will just go for a tremelo arm

You could always do that with a floyd rose
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
Quote by wemonir

I was lampooning a lame video of a clueless kid who thinks every guitarist under the sun doesn't know how to bend.

What you could do is get something with a strat-style trem and set it so it's 'rising up' from the body quite a bit. That'd give you the same sort of thing that the Modest Mouse dude has.
Get a normal trem system, take off the bar, and set the bridge a bit higher than flush with the body. It'll work pretty similarly.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
that's a beautiful guitar. I wish i could find out what kind of bridge it is too.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
that's a beautiful guitar. I wish i could find out what kind of bridge it is too.

yeah! the guitar is a wick, i might email the guy who makes them for brock but i don't know if he will reply
thanks to everyone for the input and sorry to aidy damage, it is late, my sarcasm detector is broken
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I think he's just using a floyd with the bar.

heh..yeah..sure...thats a nice "floyd" hes got there, just like the EMG's they got on squier strats
My Gear:

Ibanez GRG170DX
Crate GFX-1200H
Line 6 4x12 Cab with Celestion 60's
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff With Top Boost
BOSS Metal Zone
Start with google, and work your way on from there.

But hey, coming here shows you care.
GTFO my sig
Well I'd say just get a normal trem system...
If you don't need to use the system for a vibrato though, I believe digitech has a pedal, but I have no experience with it.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
Start with google, and work your way on from there.

But hey, coming here shows you care.

i tried google but it's hard when i have no idea what it's called
signed,
your favorite poster