Well my local guitar shop called me yesterday and told me that the RR5 that I had been wanting to purchase at the end of the month had been sold to a higher-paying customer. So after I heard this bad news I went over to my friends place since he had just bought a new Epiphone Les Paul Custom in alpine white. I played it for about 2 hours and it actually had a lot better playibility and sound then what most people make them out to have. It was comfortable, heavy but not too heavy, and was fun to play. Now since I have my paycheck, but not the guitar I originally wanted, I'm looking into getting a Les Paul style guitar. Now my question is, should I purchase an Epiphone Standard Plus Top in Vintage Sunburst, or would my money be much more well spent with an Agile 3100. I personally love the looks of the Agile over the Epi any day, but seeing as how I cannot buy one without playing it first, I am a bit skeptical about purchasing one. The Epi on the other hand, I have played a model fairly close to the one I want to purchase, and I will have the chance to inspect the hell out of it before I buy it. So I want your guys advice. I'm open to opinions, advice, questions, anything. Thanks UG.
Last edited by AsShadowsRemain at Sep 15, 2008,
The epiphone will show problem after a year or so depending on how much u play. Common problems of the lower end epi's are; ( straplock gets loose, internal; wiring messes up aka sound loss during guitar playing, tuning problems) I have seen stuff like this happen on cheap epiphones way too much. The elite epiphones on the other hand are beautifull, but pricey.

I wouldn't go with an epiphone like. For not much cash ibanez is best bang for buck.

Can't tell anything about Agile though. I got a jackson RR3 and it is a good sounding guitar, but flying v are less enjoyable too play with when sitting down. Still I would pick ANY Jackson over a LOWER end epiphone any time and it only costs a wee bit more

Trust me a Jackson will last over the years. And it is fun too pick up ur first guitar after 4 years and it still works

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 15, 2008,
oeh sexy stuff then in that case u could add an epiphone as another fun guitar. But it certainly won't be an improvement from ur current one. Keep that in mind

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I'm not looking for an improvement over anything. My Jackson is my hard rock to metal guitar. I want something that can handle blues to classic rock well.
Hmmm in my opinion only the aestethics of the epiphone will handle the blues/rock well. Epiphone pickups (in lower end models) are not that good.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??