Howdy,

I use Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish and Cleaner for my electric. Is it also a good choice for the exterior of an accoustic? Is there a better option?

Thanks!
its probably not a good idea unless it says its made for acoustic. Acoustic guitars can't have conditioners that leave residue. the best cleaner is just a little bit of water on a rag. For gloss finishes anyway.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Classified00
What about protecting the wood?

Some type of oil?

Thanks,

The body of the acoustic guitar does not need protection(except from all those huge bumps and scratches that leave you dying a little on the inside). If you have gloss, then that's the protection to begin with. Actually... even if you don't have gloss, you still don't need any protection.

The fretboard and bridge might need a bit of oil every half a year to a year. A little bit of lemon oil is good. You can pick it up at any furniture or hardware store.
Equipment:

due to the the advice of a much better guitarist , and my cheapness

i cleaned my guitar/fretboard with rubbing alchohol

is it incredibly bad?
some finishes can be destroyed by alcohol, so you gotta be VERY careful. i woudn't generally advise it.
Equipment:

^ Alcohol will also dissolve the natural oils in your fretboard -- better not to use it. Using polish is okay, but only occasionally -- they contain chemichal solvents or abrasives that remove a tiny bit of your guitar's finish every time you use them and will eventually wear through. Captivate's advice of a damp rag is the best for a good cleaning. Wiping your instrument with a dry microfiber cloth everytime after you play will keep it looking nice.