If they are so great quality and tone wise, how come I don't see more players with them?

I've heard that their customer support isn't the greatest, but other then that, any other reasons?
What kind of a question is that? That's like saying Spiders are good amps, because Eddie Van Halen and Megadeth use them backstage.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
What kind of a question is that? That's like saying Spiders are good amps, because Eddie Van Halen and Megadeth use them backstage.

You're an idiot if you got that from what I said.

I just read they were really underrated guitars. Nobody uses them, amateur or rock god. Is it because they aren't really that great or is it because of another flaw I'm overlooking?
It's because they're not as exposed as other companies. Carvin doesn't advertise nearly as much as Gibson or Fender so they primarily rely on word of mouth to sell their product.

As well, they didn't gain a good foothold in the market from many decades ago, so they've got awhile to go before they're recognized.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Probably coupled with the fact that most of the guitars are made to spec as well, so getting floor models will be difficult.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
You're an idiot if you got that from what I said.

I just read they were really underrated guitars. Nobody uses them, amateur or rock god. Is it because they aren't really that great or is it because of another flaw I'm overlooking?

What he said made perfect sense. By your logic, Carvins aren't good (or aren't AS good) because not many players use them.

So logically.

Not many players = Bad make
Conversely by your logic
Many players = Good make (If many people played carvin you wouldn't make this thread)

If Eddie Van Halen ('Nuff said) Played Spyder III amps, along with every other guitarist, this makes them great amps.

There are a few reasons they aren't that "big".

-They take months to make each one
-Aren't as known because they don't often have "Standard" guitars hanging around in guitar shops (though sometimes they do)
-They can't throw guitars at the people who are sponsored by them

Also... Vai uses Carvin amps.