I have a peavey valveking 112.

I hate it. Fizzy mud bucket. I do play a quite low levels (volume 1 usually) but even when cranked im not too happy. The channel select delay drives me insane too.

What I'm asking is what options are available to me? I could sell it, and get prolly £250 for it, but then what do I buy? Or, I could modify it, as in add the bad monkey, celestion v30 and eq but then we're looking at about £160 worth of upgrades.

I could do speaker and od but that would be it.

I'm looking for a sound worthy of doing metallica/megadeth/slayer covers as well as hitting some SOAD and pantera territory.

Oh how i wish I'd saved for a 5150/mesa.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
sell it, you'll be happier in the long run. the valveking to me just doesn't sound 'right' i suggest saving a bit more till you get in to around £500-600 range that's wheree you get some decent combos that do high gain

also the bugera combos and the randall rg50 go for around £350
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Last edited by Mybleedinglung8 at Sep 15, 2008,
Is there anything to be said for buying the bad monkey? I've decided that selling it and saving isn't an option unless I can buy an amp for £250.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
the monkey will tighten up the distortion a bit.............but it's not magic.
I don't think the vc30 would have enough gain for what i'm after.

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass