i was tricked into buying a strap lock haha.. well dont know.. are they needed? my strap seems like it'll stay on fine without the locks.. and the locks dont look sooo good... i only play at home too
only really needed if you're moshing to sh*t while playing your guitar, which as a bedroom guitarist i doubt you'll be doing.
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
aahh ok thanks for quick reply haha... but another prob is... my guitar center had some sh*tty service and either forgot or just didnt want to give me a wammy for my guitar when i got it.... i was in a rush that i didnt check... and now im in another country for a while... so can i just buy any other whammy?
Quote by ClementWave
they are nice to have, not needed but definately worth having.

Yep. Not necessary but a good investment.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by iRKOu
aahh ok thanks for quick reply haha... but another prob is... my guitar center had some sh*tty service and either forgot or just didnt want to give me a wammy for my guitar when i got it.... i was in a rush that i didnt check... and now im in another country for a while... so can i just buy any other whammy?

If it's just the whammy bar, not the whole set-up, then yes. Just check if it fits your bridge.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by iRKOu
i was tricked into buying a strap lock haha.. well dont know.. are they needed? my strap seems like it'll stay on fine without the locks.. and the locks dont look sooo good... i only play at home too

I it worth risking a nice instrument. Straps do wear out with use. The extra security is worth it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Everytime (about once a day) I play my roomate's straplockless guitar the strap comes off at least once.

When I play my straplocked basses, the straps have never ever come off.

It's not necessary, but it certainly addresses an annoying and potentially damaging issue, without much cost or hastle.
Think of it as a very cheap form of insurance. It's definitely worth it.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

when you unscrew the stock peg and screw from the guitar, and add the lock, sometimes the screw goes back in and no longer fits properly.

so, you'll have added a lock, but no longer have a good peg connection, making matters less safe.

so always add wood toothpicks or epoxy to the screw hole before returning any screw to its original place.

also, depending on the model, most bars are available, try the bar for fit, when possible.

you will need an exact guitar model.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^Or use the screws already in the guitar like it tells you to on the strap lock box. You can also buy longer screws, which is also a great idea.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
imo, always add wood and or epoxy. the screws in the guitar wouldnt be long enough and the screws that come with the locks, dig a little further into the guitar but "eat away" at more wood, and makes for a temporary bond at best.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Meh idk. If you simply drill a little bit further into the hole to accommodate the longer screws (using a smaller diameter bit than the screw of course) you should be fine. I mean my super heavy LP was treated to a set of Dimarzio clip locks which come with much longer screws, but even with the schaller locks and original screws i never had a problem, despite guitar flips and such. I mean, I've actually had straps fail before the locks or buttons gave way. So it still works. I switched to the clip lock system because the strap itself is rated for FAR more weight than that guitar can throw at it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
ok, just saying, if you take a guitar in to a tech, he'll either add wood and glue, add a dowel and redrill or add wood epoxy.

s/he won't use a bigger screw.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62