im 16 and im going to get my lower left and upper left wisdom teeth removed on friday, and i smoke. but i know that dry socket is possible so im going to go onto patches for 5 days and then start agian (and dont give me that smoking is bad bullshit, don't want to hear it) anyway anyone had an experience with wisdom teeth removal? or better yet, dry socket?

cheers
I got all of mine out during the summer. Great fun... i still find bits of meat stuck in the holes.

I started taking the stronger pain killers a day into it, they just knocked me out. You'll probably be too asleep to be worrying about smoking
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
It's unbelievable painful. You won't feel any worse pain in your life. Be afraid.

My cousin rayray died from having his wisdom teeth removed.
I had to get all of mine taken out at once.

afterwards I learned to love soup
You'll be so fucked up on painkillers that smoking is gonna be the last thing you even think about. And don't worry about the pain, it's really not that bad and you can just pop a Vicodin when it comes
i hope i never get my wisdom teeth removed, it sounds pretty bad. on another note, im a thug g baller
Before you go in, buy and make a shitload of jelly/jello.
I lived of jelly and yogurt for about six days, you start to get sick of them around day two.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
It's unbelievable painful. You won't feel any worse pain in your life. Be afraid.

+1 FTW
Quote by 3lusiv3
Before you go in, buy and make a shitload of jelly/jello.
I lived of jelly and yogurt for about six days, you start to get sick of them around day two.

Or you can just eat pancakes, soup, cake, hell I ate a steak 4 days after. The only really bad day is the first where the swelling is INTENSE.
Quote by Freddedonna
Or you can just eat pancakes, soup, cake, hell I ate a steak 4 days after. The only really bad day is the first where the swelling is INTENSE.

It may be INTENSE but does it go to the XSTREAM!
Quote by Bowe
I had to get all of mine taken out at once.

afterwards I learned to love soup
same with me, only i already loved soup so it was easier for me =p
Quote by .arkness:.
I see my guitar as a chick because I'd be damned if i were ever holding / fingering a guy for hours a day.

...yeeup
I had my upper left & right removed two years agoand it wasn't bad at all. They just gave me the anesthetic (a needle in my mouth) and gouged them out with something that looked a bit like a screwdriver or something. I felt some pressure during the operation but it only took about 10-15 seconds.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Freddedonna

Well excuse me for being a sissy
I guess I did it more as a better safe than sorry sorta thing, because my stitches kept splitting.
Quote by zach516

I guess that if you drink POWERTHIRST, the swelling is probably XSTREAM. But I always have a good supply so I was fine
Quote by freakonaleash92
aaaalrighty then i guess im going to live offof soup and yoghurt

Yeah man, it'll be fine. And for the record, are you getting general or local anesthesia? I got general and had a nice nappy-nap.
Quote by 3lusiv3
Yeah man, it'll be fine. And for the record, are you getting general or local anesthesia? I got general and had a nice nappy-nap.

You're bitching about the pain and you got general anesthesia???

You really are a pussy
Quote by Freddedonna
You're bitching about the pain and you got general anesthesia???

You really are a pussy

You wanna go?!
Nah, it was the whole after part, and like I said, my stitches kept splitting.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Is that from Rat Race? Or was it Dodgeball... either way, I smiled

I went under total anaesthetic when I got mine out so I didn't feel a thing. Mine had rotted from the inside though, not nice.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Yeah dude, I got mine out about a month ago and it sucked. With me though I didn't smoke until the morning after the procedure, but I did smoke...a lot actually (helps with the pain) and for the record, dry socket is a myth.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
to remove wisdom teeth

1. Litre of Vodka
2. Pliers
3. ????
4. Profit!!
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
I'm going to get 3 (had one removed before due to infections..) of my wisdom teeth torn out of my head soon as well as some weird mutant extra tooth.

all of the are impacted to hell so its going to be brutal. for him at least. i'm going under general anesthesia, so i'm going to go in.. get a needle to the arm and then just wake up in a bloody mouthed heap in my bed roughly 8 hours later.

the swelling was pretty bad just from the one tooth.. its gonna be hell with with these 4 coming out.

not to mention the fact that I GOTTA PAY FOR IT..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by zach516

It may be XSTREAM but does it go to 9000!
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed about a month ago, was easy as pie, no pain at all. Was able to eat and drink the moment I stepped out of the hospital.

was scared as **** too before
Have my wisdom teeth in my lower jaw, but don't have problems with them.

There are some theories that I am the missing link.

I don't have wisdom teeth thankfully
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Meh, when I got mine out I was out and about that same night. It wasn't bad at all, just had to be careful eating for a few days.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
I need mine to be cut out on the 25th becouse they are stil like 80% in my gum i am not looking forward to it

edit: and they all need to go all 4 of them gonna hurt like biatch i think
I'd avoid soup, as it tends to have a decent amount of salt in it, and putting salt in wounds is generally a bad idea.

It's not bad, I ate ice cream when i had my four pulled. Didn't hurt much either, and I saved about half of my painkillers til after the pain went away. Lucky you get it done during school.
You are going to die of such tremendous pain.

You should be really scared.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
I've just started getting them, they hurt like hell and i want them removed. Plus alot of the time they grow at weird angles so they'll probably come out anyway.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Mine arent giving me any problems and have grown is pretty straight.

Why did some of you guys get them out?
Ever since I was a kid, I dreaded the day I would have to get them out. Turns out, it was probably the easiest thing ever. I guess different people have different experiences, but all I did was go to the dentist-surgeon guy, he gave me a shot and I was like, "Hey that was pretty zzzzz...." and I was out like that. Woke up in my bed with a lot of cloth in my mouth and spent the rest of the day drinking smoothies. That night I went to the movies. It's really not bad at all.

The smoking thing, however, I dunno because I don't smoke. Sorry.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I had some teeth out (not wisdom teeth but meh)
The hole was so bad it needed stitches and it killed and I couldn't eat or talk properly for weeks.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
I had some teeth out (not wisdom teeth but meh)
The hole was so bad it needed stitches and it killed and I couldn't eat or talk properly for weeks.

ye u like 2 talk dont ya

and on topic: ive never had any teeth out but im gonna dread the day if i need my iwsdom teeth out
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>