hi pit
you guys have been really helpful to me in the past and ive come here once again to see if you guys can help me..
well i love to play call of duty 4 online with my new laptop which i had previously been plaing in the kitchen which is right next to my wireless router...
i moved to my bedroom because dad bought me a desk and some speakers to put it on and had been fine..
i purchased an external hard drive for it in which i transferred the whole CoD4 game onto and began playing it online with that, at first it was fine but after a while it started frequently saying that gay "connection interrupted" crap
i moved back into the kitchen and it was fine

im not sure if its because the external HD doesnt run the game as fast as the internal

or im too far away from the wireless router

or maybe a combination of the two

the only thing is..
the router is supposed to transmit for about 100 metres give or take and my rooms approx 5-10 metres away from it and the signal strength is normally around the 'Very good mark' which is one off of full signal

and.. im not certain but pretty sure that my external HD is around about the same specs as the internal

ive tried to convince dad in moving the wireless router into my room but he doesnt want to run chords all the way through the house.. typical parents

any suggestions pit?

Sorry for the long rant
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
thanks for that advice its truly appreciated... and frenchy if youre there you can close one of my threads i didnt mean to post twice
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
1: The transmission distance may be 100 meters, but walls/other electronic devices REALLY shorten it.
2: Yes, the external HD is running the game slower, but I don't think that has anything to do with the disconnections.
3: Gaming on a wireless router is usually a bitch.
Quote by Go Square Go!
Wireless routers tend to be prone to connection interruptions.

It's true sadly. I think they are getting better now with that Wireless N business, but yeah.
try get an Ethernet cable that connects from the router port to the back fo your pc.

will prob give you a better connection etc.