I just bought a used RG1570, and I've been having some problems. Whenever I bend on the 17th or 18th fret of the high E string, the sound seems to just cut out... I've also been getting some fret buzz on these frets. This is my first guitar with a floating trem, and the first guitar I've had with those locks near the guitar's nut so I'm not exactly sure what the problem could be, so I wasn't exactly sure what to search for... I apologize if this has been done recently, but I haven't been able to dig up anything similar... if something has been done, I'll delete this thread asap.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Wiegraf at Sep 15, 2008,
Take it for a set up, the sound cutting out may be a technique thing coupled with the fret buzz. A tech should be able to sort it
Your string is probably just hitting the fret when its being bent, just take it for a proper setup, you wont regret it.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Quote by bluesbreaker88
Take it for a set up, the sound cutting out may be a technique thing coupled with the fret buzz. A tech should be able to sort it

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not sure if it's a technique thing, since I get fret buzz on all six strings on those two frets, but the sound only cuts out on the high E, but I'm not sure what else it could be.

Quote by Rvddps
Your string is probably just hitting the fret when its being bent, just take it for a proper setup, you wont regret it.

Alright, thanks. I'll be sure to do that.
It sounds like the neck needs to be set up (truss rod adjustment). I had the same problem with my Kramer and my local shop fixed it right up
Your strings might be a bit low or you may need to give that fret a bit of a file. Take it for a setup like people have said above.