Hi,

I noticed a crack in my Jackson DK2 today, it starts from the neck joint and runs along the longest "horn" (see pitures).

Without flash:

With flash on:

I've only had the guitar for 2 months but it dropped out of its stand a few weeks back. After it dropped I didn't notice anything strange about it (not even damaged finish), and the guitar still sounds normal.

Is the wood damaged or is it just the paint? Could this be fixed by a luthier?

Thx,
Voya
everything can be fixed.

if you're the type that can take the neck off, you can get a better idea about the crack. you want to be able to set up a guitar, and very careful with srewing the bolts around that crack.

if not, you're going to be looking for shifting, crack spreading separating with guitar movement.

and in the future, low center of gravity A frame stands, or in the case is better than that type of stand.

sorry about the bad luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
This looks to me like it's only the finish...

The crack seems to go over a couple of wood lines, rather than being on an actual one.
If the wood was actually cracked, it usually does the latter.

But I'm no expert, and some people in here are. They're bound to show up sooner or later with some more information.

That crack's in the paint, by the looks of it. There wouldn't be much you could do, but yeah, it's not that bad. I think it might be checking, but what do I know, I'm ill today!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Y00p
This looks to me like it's only the finish...

The crack seems to go over a couple of wood lines, rather than being on an actual one.
If the wood was actually cracked, it usually does the latter.

Yeah, that looks pretty normal, & it's going across the grain rather than with it. After 25+ years of playing/ working on guitars, I don't think that I've ever seen a bolt-on guitar (one with a tight neck pocket) that hasn't developed finish cracks like that on either side of the neck at some point in it's life.
looks like its just in the paint
same happened with my ibanez
and that happened many months ago
and there is no problems withit
so hopefuly your ok
best to check though just to be safe
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS