can you change a body mounted pickup to pickguard mounted?
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
unmount it ...

obviously
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
^GTFO. Go play your spider.

Yes, but we need more info than that. Are you changing them to pickguard mounted on a separate guitar? What kind of guitar is it? What kind of pickups?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
^GTFO. Go play your spider.

Yes, but we need more info than that. Are you changing them to pickguard mounted on a separate guitar? What kind of guitar is it? What kind of pickups?

ok well its the ibanez rg1570 and seeing as the pickups are mounted to the body i was woundering if u can put a pickguard just over the top of it or do u have to mount the pickups to the pickguard?
The screw holes are the same for most pickups. Exceptions being p90s that are direct mount. So yea a set of single coil or humbuckers can go in rings or a pickguard. As your dealing with direct mount pickups tho where the screw goes thru and into the body there aremnt any threads for regular pickguard screws to go thru. You could put a pickguard over top of them but would need to make some holes if you wanted to be able to adjust the pickups without taking the guard off.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Sep 15, 2008,
^I'll sum what he said up. The screws to mount the pickups go through the pickguard and into the body.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
^I'll sum what he said up. The screws to mount the pickups go through the pickguard and into the body.

ok thanks to both of you guys
i want to customise my (soon to be) rg1570 i want to put binding around it is that possible and wats the process of doing it?