Looking at that tab makes me feel drunk... But, isn't it just an upstroke? Possibly a slow one letting each note ring a little. I've never heard the song, so I have nothing to truly bass that off of. But I assume that's what it's referring to.
I'm afraid there's no such technique in flamenco called brush up, perhaps it's an arrastre(might've typed it wrong). Arrastre is where you hold your ring finger stiff and stroke upwards on you strings, this might very well be what your tab thing means.

hmm I guess that's not it then, far from it actually. It's just stroking upwards with your pick to create a brighter sound instead of fat growling stuff that downstrokes usually create.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Sep 15, 2008,