Hi all,
I've been messing around with the guitar for around 20 years, learning a few songs, bits and pieces of solos/riffs here and there, but it's never really amounted to anything. My question is: Would I have to start from scratch to get seriouswith the guitar? I've never had any lessons, so I am wondering how many bad habits or flaws in techique that exist that might get in the way of real progress. I don't know of any lessons or exercises that would help with hand strength, finger control, and coordination, therefore I guess I'm still a novice, even after 20 years of playing.
Quote by Jake E. Halen
Hi all,
I've been messing around with the guitar for around 20 years, learning a few songs, bits and pieces of solos/riffs here and there, but it's never really amounted to anything. My question is: Would I have to start from scratch to get seriouswith the guitar? I've never had any lessons, so I am wondering how many bad habits or flaws in techique that exist that might get in the way of real progress. I don't know of any lessons or exercises that would help with hand strength, finger control, and coordination, therefore I guess I'm still a novice, even after 20 years of playing.

no need to start again, a good teacher will put you right
It's not quite as drastic as starting from scratch, but it's worth doing a "review" of your playing from the ground up to see if there's any gaps in your knowledge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com