I am looking to buy an acoustic that compares to those in the $3k + range.

Anyone know of any really good ones? Preferably ones that you know a large majortiy of people are using including celebrities, because then obviously that means they are pretty good guitars. But i just don't want to pay more than $1k.

I'm looking for a cutaway-acoustic/electric
With low action so it's easy to play.
And of course, has great sound.

I really like the Taylor 514CE but that of course ise $2.6k lol
Takamine, Get a hardtop so it sounds just as good unplugged.
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by dcvlehr
I am looking to buy an acoustic that compares to those in the $3k + range.

Anyone know of any really good ones? Preferably ones that you know a large majortiy of people are using including celebrities, because then obviously that means they are pretty good guitars. But i just don't want to pay more than $1k.

I'm looking for a cutaway-acoustic/electric
With low action so it's easy to play.
And of course, has great sound.

I really like the Taylor 514CE but that of course ise $2.6k lol

Don't be mistaken. Celebrities use shitty acoustic guitars sometimes. Don't kid yourself. Celebrities are often more concerned with their looks than the sound.

Anyway... A rule of thumb is that you always get what you pay for. No matter what, you're not going to get a guitar that's as good as a much more expensive guitar. You can, however, get a pretty good one.

Please avoid the Martin X series and all Taylors in this price range. They're made with subpar materials. Avoid Ibanez at all price ranges and Ovations that are not american made.

Some brands to look into are Guild's GAD series, Epiphone's Masterbilt series, Seagull, Takamine, the Martin 15 and 16 series, and Larrivee's 03 series. The Martin 16 series and Larrivee 03 series starts at exactly $1000, so that might be a stretch, but it's well worth it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by jd44
Takamine, Get a hardtop so it sounds just as good unplugged.

What kind of takamine's would you recommend.

I have heard good things about the breedlove's

Anyone else have any input? My current acoustic is pure shit. The action blows, the materials are cheap, i'm pretty sure it's ply wood, and it's pretty small. I need to upgrade before i lose all will to keep playing
I bought my Yamaha LL500 for 900 used... Try looking for a used Yamaha LL-series guitar, they're truly AWESOME.

Mine sounds as good (if not better) as a 2000$ martin
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
well i got a taylor 514ce brand new for 1k since it was "nicked" while being moved. It was professionally repaired for free and sounds just like every brand new taylor does. What a steal.
Quote by captivate
Some brands to look into are Guild's GAD series, Epiphone's Masterbilt series, Seagull, Takamine, the Martin 15 and 16 series, and Larrivee's 03 series. The Martin 16 series and Larrivee 03 series starts at exactly $1000, so that might be a stretch, but it's well worth it.

+1

As for what Takamine, you want to look at the Natural series. They are actually a tad over $1000 and usually start around $1100. Here's a great example: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-EAN10C-Dreadnought-AcousticElectric-Cutaway-Guitar?sku=516310.
^ Pssst. He already bought a Taylor 514ce. haha.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I didn't realize that was the OP. I thought somebody else was saying they got a Taylor 5xx for $1000.

Congrats on the new guitar! Post some pictures!
Look at the Blueridge BR-180. It is comparable to a Martin D-45. I have a BR-240 which is comparable to a D-18. Very nice guitar. Top quality. Great tone.
Quote by jimtaka
I didn't realize that was the OP. I thought somebody else was saying they got a Taylor 5xx for $1000.

Congrats on the new guitar! Post some pictures!

I'll have to post em when i get off of work. I lost track of this post for a while. The guitar sounds GREAT though. It has a nice deep sound and it just seems to ring forever. The elixer strings that come with the guitar are great. I have always loved elixer strings on acoustics.