Yeah so i've decided to get myself an Epiphone les paul standard, i love the sound and everything. Anyway the thing i don't like about it is the pickguard so my question is can you remove the pickguard easily?
presumably you just unscrew it...
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I'm not sure if the pickups arent srewed to the pickguard. Well and if you unscrew it there will be ugly holes after the screws.... Imho, just burn it and chop to pieces and buy a hello kitty strat xD
I imagine its the same as the gibson, two screws holding it on. Looks better without it but i like the pickguard to anchor my hand so i put mine back on
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
There's 3 screws, one on at the top, another in the middle and a tiny little one at the side.

So you can take it off.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Just take it off and put the screws back in, it will be almost impossible to notice =]

Thats what I did

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Yep.

There are two screws, just unscrew and you can remove it. I took mine off for a while but put it back on recently.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Easy to remove. Just had my Gold Top's off for a couple of hours to clean underneath while I was removing my PU nickel covers. The EPi uses polyurethane finish so if you wanted to you could drop fill with coloured poly or superglue to fill in the holes. It won't show too badly and sealing the holes will protect your guitar body from absorbing excess moisture as well as accidental chipping around the holes.
Moving on.....
dont do it you will scratch it and the holes will loook like crap. plus the pick guard is like a finger rest. when your picking.
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
dont do it you will scratch it and the holes will loook like crap. plus the pick guard is like a finger rest. when your picking.

Resting your picking hand on the pickguard is a bad technique. It limits how you can pick. Also, I find it hard to scratch the body on an LP unless I would intentionally scratch it.

Quote by FloyDZeD
Resting your picking hand on the pickguard is a bad technique. It limits how you can pick. Also, I find it hard to scratch the body on an LP unless I would intentionally scratch it.

i dont rest my fingers on it i waz just saying. so he would keep it on lol
Quote by Chorduroy
Les Paul pickguards are the ugliest things on earth.

hmm... that's a mighty fine OPINION you've got there!

and yes, TS, it's easly. Probably only a 30 second job.
O O

___
Quote by Chorduroy
Les Paul pickguards are the ugliest things on earth.

Depends on the color of the Les Paul.

I said it was easy to remove but mine is back on as I only took it off to clean it. I personally like the pickguard look but not everyone does. Should you remove it it can always be re-installed later even if you fill in the holes. Any scratches on the finish would then be covered by the pickguard when it's back on. IF you're playing properly though scratching would be minimal as you're supposed to strike the strings not the body LOL.
Moving on.....