I'm having trouble with the electronics with my bass (as said in the title) Whenever I plug in I get a really loud fuzzing noise, and whenever I play a note it is near inaudible. I really need this sorted out as I am playing a gig soon. I've tried a different lead, bass, amp, but it's definitely the electronics (the input jack to precise). I opened it up to find this:

(Sorry for the huge size)

There was a wire that had came off the input jack that is attached to the pickup (I've circled it, it doesn't look like it is from that perspective but it is) I'm pretty sure that that's the problem, and I'm going to solder it back on. But before I do, do you think that I'm right? Can you think of anything else that may be causing it? Or can you spot anything else that is out of place in the picture?

P.S. How can I cut away at the rubber wrapped around the wire so that it's easier to solder?

Thanks for your time guys.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
if you see a lose or fault connection, thats probably the cause.

you could get a VU meter to check all the connections.

wire strippers.

if you dont have these, just say and ill describe how to do it with a knife.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I don't think I've any wire strippers. If I do then they're under all the junk under the stairs. Could you tell how please?
Quote by skater dan0
First check that you'll have enough wire to make a good connection.

Get a very sharp knife and score around the wire about 0.5cm away from the tip. Make sure to cut through to the metal but not thru it! Now pull off the plastic tip. Easy as that. If it doesnt come off, try gentle tugging or score the plastic a bit more.

Then solder.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Did it work?

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
I havn't done it yet. I won't have access to a soldering iron till tomorrow, so I'll post back tomorrow evening. I still don't know whether I can do it or not, as the bass is still under warranty, so I don't want to mess anything up at the moment. I'm sure it wont be a problem though, I'm just waiting for the tech to get back to me.
Quote by skater dan0