Hiyas. I looked and found some threads here but none that answered my question so if this has already been answered you'll have to excuse me. The lead for my guitar to my ampis a lead I got with my first guitar and now it's starting to die.

I need to know a few things. Firstly, are the cables universal, or are there different sizes for different amps and guitars? My guitar is a Fender Squire I think and my amp is a Marshall 100 AVS. The cable I have been looking at is this one ;
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/12788

(I've heard gold plated cables give better quality sound and last longer. So are cables universal, is this one decent, if not can you recommend one please?

Thanks guys and gals.
gold-plated doesn't necessarily mean better sound. my planet waves cables are gold-plated (some of them, anyway) and my cleartone cables (which aren't) annihilate them in terms of quality of tone, and lower capacitance.

which leads me to my next point: buy a cleartone cable, since you're in the UK. they're less than a tenner, and excellent- van damme cable, neutrik jacks. remarkably good value, i can't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html you want an instrument cable.

it'll destroy that planet waves you're looking at, for about half the price.

postage is £3, by the way, if your order is under £50 (£8, i think, if over, in which case make a few separate orders! )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've gotta second the Cleartone cables, got mine the other day, lovely stuff.

to Dave_Mc for the suggestion!
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
cheers! i heard about them over at the bareknuckle forum, the guys there were going crazy for them, and they normally know their stuff, so i tried them. definitely glad i did.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
those do look interesting
do they ship to germany?

i have a bad relationship with cables of any sort...my monster cable broke at the guitar's tippy thingy, my fender coily cable broke there too...-_-

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i'm not sure, you'd need to email them. i think they probably do (don't get too excited in case they don't, though), but i have no idea how much postage would be.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, there doesnt seem to be anything like this going on in germany...so if i dont wanna buy massproduced stuff, id have to order from the foreignness of the UK, but i doubt it'll be that much

if i do not forget it, i shall email them later on

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i have monster cables, and they were definitely worth the price.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

^ yeah, me too, baz.

postage shouldn't be too bad to germany, hendriko, but you never know.

Quote by ClementWave
Dave, been looking for a new cable, thanks a lot, these look and sound top-notch.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?