Hey guys,

I know this usually is where people look for help for technical issues and stuff like that. This is more of a thread for your opinions and perhaps some tips you have regarding recording different styles.

So today i got feedback from my teacher who had gone to meet some of her music contacts to see about how i can go about producing for film etc. Basically the feedback was that i use too much hard drums. and that i should explore genres and stay away from my typical recording style.

I admit that i use heavy fast drum beats alot to create that epic chorus or action feeling. i feel that now i've got to try and re-create that exact feeling using a different instrument or a different technique all together.

So i ask, what do you think i should try now?

I'm thinking a country pop (carrie underwood, big and rich) style track as it nearly the complete opposite to what im used to.

Any tips would be great guys,
thanks for reading

-Dave
Just listen to different stuff. Styles will wear off on you.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Just find a channel and go down it. For example go to blues (very minimal) and then progressively go up through reggae, R and B and hip hop. Some of the most affective drums are in rap and hip hop. Or go blues then country i dunno im just sayin....