Page 1 of 2
There's not much on here about newer post hardcore bands like Dance Gavin Dance, Chiodos, A Sklit Drive, Alesana, Pierce the Veil, Greeley Estates etc...

So who is your favorite band of this genre and what do you think about the ones I listed?
Dance Gavin Dance were fantastic, then Jonny left. Pretty much everything else is complete wank.
none of those bands are post-hardcore. well maybe BvS, id just say they are just indie though. if we are going to discuss post-hardcore lets use this thread, if we are going to discuss shit bands like the TS mentioned then no thanks
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by 4estedward89
There's not much on here about newer post hardcore bands like Dance Gavin Dance, Chiodos, A Sklit Drive, Alesana, Pierce the Veil, Greeley Estates etc...

So who is your favorite band of this genre and what do you think about the ones I listed?

*facepalm*

There's already a post hardcore thread somewhere. Except they actually talk about post hardcore.
also on the might of princes is the best band ever.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Alexisonfire. Their self titled CD. I love that album. The rest of their stuff isn't good enough.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Quote by waldorphPRS41
This thread sucks already.

However:
Bear Vs Shark
At The Drive In
Hot Cross
On The Might Of Princes
Drive Like Jehu
A Day In Black And White

This.
Quote by CommunistBear
Hardcore is death metal's retarded cousin.

Ok player.

I guess death metal has been around way longer than hardcore.
check out November 5th, 1955. pretty good band

also a huge fan of

On the Might of Princes
As Cities Burn
In the Arms of Providence
Anatomy of a Ghost
Thursday (old stuff)
Glassjaw
Twelve Hour Turn
In Pieces
November 5th is pretty sweet I wouldn't have thought to put them in this thread though.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
alexisonfire for the win.
old dance gavin dance was legit, but then johnny left. now its, eh.
but new emarosa with johnny craig is awesome if you liked old dgd, but without the other vocalist (who really wasnt that good in my opinion)
Quote by xtheblackoutx
alexisonfire for the win.
old dance gavin dance was legit, but then johnny left. now its, eh.
but new emarosa with johnny craig is awesome if you liked old dgd, but without the other vocalist (who really wasnt that good in my opinion)

stop posting
Quote by CommunistBear

what?
communism is humanity's retarded anus.

i like me some a day to remember, i believe they are post-hardcore? i also like fall of troy alot. hot cross is alright. dont know much post-hardcore bands. not sure what post-hardcore really is either. at one point of time i thought they were bands like alesana, alexisonfire, etc.
dance gavin dance was good with jonny craig had some sick catchy shi*t with some nice riffs, don't really know if they fit here bit i maybe alittle.
Quote by 4estedward89

I dont think any of those are post hardcore. More lolcoreish.

I like Chiodos and Pierce the Veil though
I'm not exactly sure what the definition of post hardcore is, but...

-Bear vs Shark
-At the Drive-In
-The Fall of Troy
-Thursday
-Hot Cross
-Chiodos

The ones I like.
Also, aside from alexisonfire, I hate actual post-hardcore. At the Drive-in has that One Armed Scissor song but that's about it.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
-Fugazi
-Quicksand
def. some of my favorites along with bands allready named here (BvS, Hot Cross, Atdi etc)
i love chiodos, probably one of my favorite bands. as well as the fall of troy (if they count as post-hardcore????) i also like pierce the veil, alesana, at the drive-in, silverstein, and a bunch more. oh yeah and i almost forgot i LOVE greeley estates

i actually listen to post-hardcore WAY more then regular hardcore. lol all my ipod has on it is a bunch of technical metal bands (btbam, veil of maya,architects [just started liking them lol] you know that kind of stuff) and the rest is post hardcore stuff
Quote by silenthill737
i love chiodos, probably one of my favorite bands. as well as the fall of troy (if they count as post-hardcore????) i also like pierce the veil, alesana, at the drive-in, silverstein, and a bunch more. oh yeah and i almost forgot i LOVE greeley estates

i actually listen to post-hardcore WAY more then regular hardcore. lol all my ipod has on it is a bunch of technical metal bands (btbam, veil of maya,architects [just started liking them lol] you know that kind of stuff) and the rest is post hardcore stuff

Seriously?
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Quote by CommunistBear

As much as I love hardcore and post-hardcore, I must admit that there is a bit of truth to this statement.

I do find Chiodos to be fairly enjoyable. Would anyone else say that He Is Legend is post-hardcore? I've heard several different things.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by Manos15
Woudn't hardcore be punk's more aggressive cousin.

Hardcore is punk's cousin with less tolerance, more anger, and scissor kicks.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
At the drive in!
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
Page 1 of 2