Poll: Which one of these GTRs?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one of these GTRs?
Epiphone SG Custom Prophecy EX (EMG pups)
13 62%
Jackson Dinky DXMG
3 14%
Jackson Dinky DK2T
5 24%
Voters: 21.
So... Basicaly I'm going to buy a new guitar and I have a budget. Within the budget I'm thinking of these guitars:
- Epi SG Custom Prophecy with the EMG's
- Jackson Dinky DXMG
- Jackson Dinky DK2T
Does anyone have any experience with these guitars?

Also I have a maybe lame question - the neck on the Epi SG Proph - is it as thick as the necks on regular Epi SG's (G400)?

I was used to strat necks... Thats why the jacksons... But I'd really like the EMG's, I heard them in local store, and they are great (and theres not many guitars at this budget with EMG's)....

Thanx a lot to everyone, peace
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT
The necks on the jackson play faster (to me). My pick would be the DXMG. but you have to think about changing the strings with a floyd. the SG is hardtail so its easier to change strings and has the EMG's. you could save up for a little while and get a DKMG, which is the same as the DXMG just with actives.

which one do you like best right now?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
i take it you play metal?
and you have a tube amp according to your profile, so if i were you, id get the jackson, the DKMG or the DK2T.

According to Jacksons website, the DKMG comes with emg's too

Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I was now mostly thinking of the Epi, but you guys say not so... I'm not sure I could afford a DKMG. Why not the Epi?
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

its just that the jacksons would be higher quality, but the epi prophecy's are great guitars from what ive heard about them.
can you try them out?
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
another thing I forgot - my guitar now doesn't work, and I need one badly, now. Thats why I can't save a longer time and I can't go and test everything... I have to order from internet tommorow to have it on our gig

Quote by Dust_to_Dust
its just that the jacksons would be higher quality, but the epi prophecy's are great guitars from what ive heard about them.
can you try them out?

I can't... I love the EPI, the only thing I worry about is the neck... But I guess Id get used to it.

well, if you love it, go for it

the neck should be the same as a normal epi sg or maybe gibson

im not 100% sure on this btw
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I'll take time till tommorow and clean the mess in my head.... Meanwhile, if theres anyone with an SG Prophecy then please comment how you feel about it, THX.

Thanx to all wish me good luck with the picking.....

I think the Prophecy Epiphones have slimmer necks... It also has 24 frets instead of the regular 22. Oh and I almost forgot, you also get an ebony fretboard.

Never tried it, but I think it's a nice guitar...

The other guitarist in my band is going to get the 'Futura' (the one that looks like the explorer...) that's why I know this about the Prophecy
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
****ing morning.... I also heard it has a slimmer neck! I ordered it. The EPI. So now lets see what will come. As soon as I get her, I'll write a rewiev ;-)
I never wait till morning....
EMG's here we go!!!!! :-)

slimmer neck?

even better
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I have an Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul GX with the dirty fingers and the build of the guitar is amazing. Basically the only differences between the GX and the EX is the body style (les paul vs sg) and the pickups (dirty fingers vs emgs). Personally I opted for the Dirty Fingers for a more aggressive crunchy sound but the EMG's are good too. Some of the features on the prophecy collection are very high end. Plus you don't have to take a class to learn how to use a floyd rose!
Quote by Djaykid11
I have an Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul GX with the dirty fingers and the build of the guitar is amazing. Basically the only differences between the GX and the EX is the body style (les paul vs sg) and the pickups (dirty fingers vs emgs). Personally I opted for the Dirty Fingers for a more aggressive crunchy sound but the EMG's are good too. Some of the features on the prophecy collection are very high end. Plus you don't have to take a class to learn how to use a floyd rose!

You can buy a SG with dirty fingers too - its eather Les Paul EX/GX or SG EX/GX, you are mistaken. EX are EMGs, GX are Dirty Fs

Thanx for writing, if anyone else gets this GTR, write some stuff here!

I can't wait for the new guitar, It will be delivered at the 7th October.... I can't even sleep how I'm excited :-) I hope it will be good! Pitty is I needed the guitar bad for a big gig, but It won't get here soon enough, so I'm gonna probably play a 130$ guitar borrowed from my friend... that sucks bad