Around the winter months we plan on buying new gear for our band. What are some good bass amps that cost between $500 and $750 and give a good, warm tone. Our bassist needs one. We just need it to handle recording around 300 seats max without the system. Anything louder and we'll use the system. Portability wouldn't hurt either, but he'll live if it's kind of heavy.
in b4 ashdown MAG!!!!!1111!!!

Ok, sorry for spam, I'd seriously recommend one though.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
i've heard Acoustic are good if you're in the States
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by IndianRockStar
If you want warm and vintage, look at an Ashdown or used American Ampeg.

this. and avoid Ampeg BA. it's like ss for ss. quieter and the lows just aren't the same.
try Marshall. not everyone's cup of tea, but they may fit the bassist. not everyone likes it, but not bad.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i think your bassist would be well suited to a hartke ha3500 head and hartke vx4x10 cab

but that information is useless until you tell us what type of music you play and how he wants to sound
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Well we just want a punchy and clean sound to fit in with the band. Think rock bass feel. He plays conservative runs and mostly follows the chord progression. Thanks for all the input so far. Our budget probably allows maybe $700 at most...
^yea check out hartke, and ampeg
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"