Hi, not sure if this really fits in guitar gear but...

I've been playing my strat through my line 6 toneport and gearbox, so I can hear the output through my computer speakers (I'm at school and didn't bring my amps). I was wondering if anybody knows any software that will allow me to change the sound of my guitar to play as if it were tuned down 1/2 step without actually turning the pegs.

For example, my guitar is in standard, but I want to play along with some songs that are tuned differently but I'm too lazy to change my tuning on my guitar every time I feel like playing a different song.

I tried some i found through google but nothing could do it. Anybody know of anything? Thanks!
stop being lazy? not to sound like an ass...but for real man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I know that in GarageBand, you can change the key of a recording.
I'm sure you can change pitch and key in other programs, but unless you buy something expensive, it's going to sound highly electronic, processed, and overly digital. It's better just to tune your guitar the way you want it to be.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Be aware tuning a guitar to a different key than it's set up in will cause intonation to be out. And when recording that's a huge problem. i.e. no stacking.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
it also depends on the guitar steve. a POS squire tuned down half a step wont retain its setup very well. yet a Gibsson LP could handle that half step no problem. (i know, these two are at the opposite end of the guitar quality spectrum, but its just an example.)

just dont go too radical.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Thats why I don't want to keep changing the tuning on my guitar and such because of intonation problems, etc. I like the way my guitar is tuned right now (standard), and messing with it is annoying.

If there isn't anything to change the sound of my guitar, what about the opposite. Anything out there that can tune some of mp3's up a bit? I read something about how winamp can do it, but I can't seem to find where I read that.
yeah capos are all well and good for some songs, as is sliding everything up a fret but if there's just open chords and stuff it doesn't sound right unless you tune down.
You can use Audacity and check the pitch of the song a half step. A software trainer like Amazing Slowdowner can change the pitch of the song on the fly. It can also change the pitch and tempo independent of each other so you can slow the song down.
Ok cool thanks I'll check those out. I already have audacity, I guess I missed that it has that function.
I absolutely love Gibson les pauls, but I've found them to be the hardest to keep in tune. Both the studio I own, and my producers custom.
I'm just anal about being in tune i guesss
Quote by LaidBack
it also depends on the guitar steve. a POS squire tuned down half a step wont retain its setup very well. yet a Gibsson LP could handle that half step no problem. (i know, these two are at the opposite end of the guitar quality spectrum, but its just an example.)

just dont go too radical.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)