I'm looking at a strat or a tele to get some single coil sounds to balance out my humbucker guitar. I was wondering who likes what better?
for the ultimate single coil sound, get a Fender Esquire.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
depends on th music your playing, if you looking for twangy country go for the tele if you play blues or rock, go with the strat. I prefer the strat personally because you can get a great crisp sound, or a warm blues sound.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
it really depends on whether you need a tele or a strat sound more...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Strat or Tele for a mixture of indie pop/rock and grungy alt/rock with lots of soloing. They both have better cleans than my guitar.
Strat probably. It feels better against your body if that counts for anything, and the necks are a little different.

You can get more sounds out a strat than a tele though...

Depends on what you like,

There you go, best of both worlds.

Anyways, I prefer Strats, but yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Hahaha love that ^ :P That not just a strat with a single cutaway though ? :P
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I think strats are more versatile.

You still can get a great 'twangy' clean sound using only the bridge pickup, and a great warm sound using the neck pickup... The neck is also slimmer and more comfortable (in my opinion).

But both guitars sound great, no doubt about it... They're just different.
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
Quote by Scrubs
Hahaha love that ^ :P That not just a strat with a single cutaway though ? :P

It's a Strat pickguard and electronics shoved into a Tele body. It looks really freaky, don't ya think?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
It's a Strat pickguard and electronics shoved into a Tele body. It looks really freaky, don't ya think?

Ahh right xD yeh it looks so... wrong :P
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.